I don't know whether to see her again or not (feel very uncertain)?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I went out with a girl last year on a few dates, but she dumped me flat for another guy, and I didn't hear from her for months. Then she messaged me at Christmas and yester day messaged me again and wants to hang out this weekend. I saw her friend and I said Emma (name changed) messaged me. And she laughed and said "she is single again, oh I shouldn't have said that". Tbh I don't know if I want to hang out with her though. I mean she dumped me once before and I don't want to go through that again, and she has loads of guy friends. Really I'm in two minds about what to say. I don't know if I want to see her at all tbh.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Women's prerogative to change her mind.

Well she's only said she wants to "hang-out", so she's not exactly proposing marriage. It sounds like it ended badly for you last time, maybe you could express your concerns and see what she says.

Can you realistically see any kind of future with this girl? If not, then there's little point in going
Anonymous #1
tbh, no I can't see any long term future with her at all.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.
If you don't want to be friends or are not open to interacting with her again, it is fine to just say no.
Then end all contact and switch your social media to private so that she won't be able to see your social media.
Good luck!
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I sense there is a grizzle inside your head based on hurt and curiosity - This speaks volumes about her lack of awareness and complete oblivion as to how much she hurt you emotionally, hence she can and does 'breeze' back in.

You are the wounded party you still hang on to the slightest hope after being deemed 'second best' - that something might be ..... Stop the hurt and be very wary (your friend enlightens you) Beware - it is so easy to be used again and spat out again when the time suits. You deserve better. This girlfriend sounds quite ruthless to use people to suit her needs when it suits. This is a character trait. She is also unlikely to stop looking for grass that is greener on the other side of the fence throughout a lifetime.

In response ..... a couple of quotes for you

1) Curiosity killed the cat
and
2) Would you give your hand again to a dog that just bit you - just to check it bites?

(NB - There is no inference that the lady here is a 'dog' )

This mixing and matching many times is quite the norm before you decide to commit later to someone special. How will you know when you have reached the top of the mountain if you stop halfway? You have already been deemed second best - and that is no reflection on you ...... go out there and find your own absolute treasure.
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
No, dump her arse. You’re a rebound and someone she can have “fun” with until she finds another guy she prefers and dumps you again. Don’t let her do that to you again.
ATP SNAKE EYES
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Dump her and move on she doesn't respect you go find a girl who likes you and treats you properly
Last edited by ATP SNAKE EYES; 3 months ago
Anonymous #1
So I ducked out saying I was sick with a cold which is partly true. And she said we could meet when I'm better, but thinking things over this girl really makes me sick the way she has treated me, expecting me to come back after ghosting me for someone else. If she writes back I'm going to dump her hard and give her a piece of my mind. Really want to make her cry tbh. Though she's probably got the message and I guess she'll just block me.
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hey, Just let all the hurt and the anger go. You seem worried about being able to hold onto the truth and actually say 'Do you know I don't like how you have treated me here' The only person its hurting here is you, eating you from the inside out. Everyone who has your back will have understood what was going on, just waiting for you to realise it!. If you send barbed comments she wins, she knows she has 'hooked' you. Just let it go, learn from it and grow with age and with dignity. Ignore or explain and then move on to richer better times. Karma my friend ..... Ps Who really cares if she blocks you? Haha - job done.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I ducked out saying I was sick with a cold which is partly true. And she said we could meet when I'm better, but thinking things over this girl really makes me sick the way she has treated me, expecting me to come back after ghosting me for someone else. If she writes back I'm going to dump her hard and give her a piece of my mind. Really want to make her cry tbh. Though she's probably got the message and I guess she'll just block me.
This is a dumb idea. It is very unlikely that you will get the reaction you are looking for and you will end up looking stupid with just one comeback from her.

You could rant on at her for three pages of texts or say really terrible stuff about her, and if she just goes "cool story bro" you'll be destroyed.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
Honestly if she didn't want you the first time she doesn't deserve you the second. Put yourself first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
34.46%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.82%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.17%

Watched Threads