I'm feeling deflated

Watch this thread
therapyfriend
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
College life has been rough for me. I'm not sure if im in a point in my life where I should go back to get my doctorate once I graduate.(Im a psychology major). Any advice to make me happier as a person or just any advice on making friends?
I mean recently I got into a large accident which im still recovering from. I am going to get my prosthetics on monday. I need two leg protechics. not to mention my partner broke up with me last week. (still getting over that) so yeah any pysch majors willing to help me here?
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
You don't necessarily need Psych majors to help you here. If you have gone through such major trauma there are normally support services tied in to the trauma unit who manage your prosthetics.

The Limbless Association has information and support for anyone who has had an amputation, phone 0800 644 0185 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

BLESMA, support limbless veterans who have lost a limb in or out of service, phone 020 8590 1124 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

You may have a lot to contend with over the next few months. Only you know how much you want to combine that with the demands of writing assignments. I would contact the Uni or College and ask to talk it through with someone.

Good luck going forward.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads