University of Toronto Offer

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've just got an offer for UofT and they've said it is conditional but haven't been very specific? They said I have to 'maintain my current academic standing' I'm assuming this means achieve the grades I submitted as predicitons but I'm worried about what happens if they fall. Does anybody know? I'm applying from the UK.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've just got an offer for UofT and they've said it is conditional but haven't been very specific? They said I have to 'maintain my current academic standing' I'm assuming this means achieve the grades I submitted as predicitons but I'm worried about what happens if they fall. Does anybody know? I'm applying from the UK.
If you fail to meet your predictions (or provide evidence evidence of your A-levels once results come out) then then they are not obligated to enrol you, essentially reject you (they could also still accept you, they just have no obligation to...).
robertafaladee
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
well done omg!!! what did you apply for and what grades did you have?
Last edited by robertafaladee; 3 months ago
Shaymichella
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Congrats fellow offer holder! I’ve applied from UK too. PM me and let’s connect it would be nice to have a friendly face in uni lol
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Hi guys, my little brother is starting to think about applying to UoT next year but we are struggling to get a feel for costs- how much do you expect to spend (all-in) per year now that you've been accepted? how much for living costs etc? thanks! (assuming he'll go for Arts and science bachelor).
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi guys, my little brother is starting to think about applying to UoT next year but we are struggling to get a feel for costs- how much do you expect to spend (all-in) per year now that you've been accepted? how much for living costs etc? thanks! (assuming he'll go for Arts and science bachelor).
https://studentlife.utoronto.ca/task...ts-in-toronto/
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Thanks, that’s very useful! So about 50 thou pounds, wow. We were hoping for something cheaper, will be hard!
robertafaladee
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
it’s around 26k when converted!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Thanks, that’s very useful! So about 50 thou pounds, wow. We were hoping for something cheaper, will be hard!
is he a canadian citizen? if not its probably not worth applying due to the cost - similarly high ranking unis in the US have really good financial aid packages that canadian unis just dont offer so they might be worth a look.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
is he a canadian citizen? if not its probably not worth applying due to the cost - similarly high ranking unis in the US have really good financial aid packages that canadian unis just dont offer so they might be worth a look.
Yes that’s probably the case. Not canadian sadly…
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
they have an all-paid international scholarship
robertafaladee
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
they have an all-paid international scholarship
did you find out the conditions of your offer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.62%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.65%
No (147)
39.73%

Watched Threads