what's the most amount of money you've spent

Watch this thread
Head Honcho.
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm 21 and I have some plans to spend money (in 5000+ pounds range) and I was just wondering what you guys spend your money on to see if what I want to spend on makes sense, thanks
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
House deposit :laugh:
Head Honcho.
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
House deposit :laugh:
Oof I can imagine that cost quite a bit... that's a very reasonable thing to spend on in most cases
yeet_21
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
uni education
Honey57
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
So far £150 on clothes but probs uni is gonna be the most expensive.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Buying a house; I've paid the mortgage off early and it's all mine!

Otherwise, it's my current car and a blow-out trip to the USA/Canada, both of which cost more than you are planning to spend, OP.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
House deposit which was about £30k I believe.
username123811
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Laser eye surgery £4700
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
There's a theme here - house deposit when we last moved (a million years ago), followed by a car.
Cote1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
My house deposit was expensive though it was so long ago I cant remember.

Car years ago.

Australia - five weeks. Often back-packing. Thousands - but worth it.

Irrelevant to this but most expensive cost added up over the years in one way or another - being a parent.
Last edited by Cote1; 3 months ago
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Head Honcho.)
I'm 21 and I have some plans to spend money (in 5000+ pounds range) and I was just wondering what you guys spend your money on to see if what I want to spend on makes sense, thanks
The most i spent was £113,000. On a house.
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Like others, house followed by car.
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Approx spent at once 90% of price of house ( roughly £135,000 )
meddad
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
There's a theme here - house deposit when we last moved (a million years ago), followed by a car.
You spent "a million" years ago, on your house deposit. That's quite impressive actually😁
Fresher18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
In a single time then I guess it was my previous laptop for Uni which I think was about £2200 back in 2018, If I count a finance agreement then it'd be my car at £5700.
Last edited by Fresher18; 3 months ago
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Paid off all my non student debt which was a few grand.

Most on actual thing was about 1500 on a self build computer system.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by meddad)
You spent "a million" years ago, on your house deposit. That's quite impressive actually😁
:laugh: it would have been groats, it was that long ago.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Couple of grand on a guitar, similar on an amp
gracieee16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
none of your business 😂 private information innit.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
£105k on my house
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (17)
23.29%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (8)
10.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.48%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
13.7%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
21.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
24.66%

Watched Threads