Mistake on UCAS application 😥

Watch this thread
Dentaldreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I forgot to add my A-level (which I’m currently doing) on my UCAS application. I’ve contacted UCAS, complete a request form for amendments. Contacted all the universities, although I got rejected by one of my choices and I’m worried that it was because of this.
lalenemalik1998
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Why dont you try and contact the university about your situation? Maybe they'll reconsider you again
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Dentaldreams)
I forgot to add my A-level (which I’m currently doing) on my UCAS application. I’ve contacted UCAS, complete a request form for amendments. Contacted all the universities, although I got rejected by one of my choices and I’m worried that it was because of this.
Hey Dental.

Is it Biology A Level - If so I don't think it matters so long as you have 3 other A Levels which meet the unis entry criteria.

Sorry to hear about your rejection but try not to let it get you down. You have another 3 who are still deciding and you only need one of these to say yes so try not to worry too much - I understand you don't want to reapply so this is your final shot at it but deal with it as it comes - one step at a time.
McGinger
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
To add or correct qualifications on your application - just fill in this UCAS form https://www.ucas.com/forms/request-a...ur-application
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hey Dental.

Is it Biology A Level - If so I don't think it matters so long as you have 3 other A Levels which meet the unis entry criteria.

Sorry to hear about your rejection but try not to let it get you down. You have another 3 who are still deciding and you only need one of these to say yes so try not to worry too much - I understand you don't want to reapply so this is your final shot at it but deal with it as it comes - one step at a time.
hey there,

unfortunately, I don't have 3 A-Levels. I have my Level 3 Dental Nursing Diploma, and I was doing Biology to strengthen my application. The requirements are different for Dentistry and Dental Hygiene Therapy, which is what I am hoping to do.
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
To add or correct qualifications on your application - just fill in this UCAS form https://www.ucas.com/forms/request-a...ur-application
Thank you.
I have completed this form, I then called UCAS who told me to email all the universities which I have done but I feel a bit stressed about it all.
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thank you.
I have completed this form, I then called UCAS who told me to email all the universities which I have done but I feel a bit stressed about it all.
I can see that this is stressful but it looks like you have sorted it out. Try not to worry!
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thank you.
No need to, the error's been rectified. One rejection means little, the universities now have the correct information on which to make an offer decision, although my situation was different, when I was applying for university I got rejected from Nottingham pretty quickly, still got 4 other offers.
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by Cote1)
I can see that this is stressful but it looks like you have sorted it out. Try not to worry!
Yes hopefully, it’s just one of those situations where I’m thinking that’s the last thing I needed to worry about. Thank you, I’ll try
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
No need to, the error's been rectified. One rejection means little, the universities now have the correct information on which to make an offer decision, although my situation was different, when I was applying for university I got rejected from Nottingham pretty quickly, still got 4 other offers.
Just worried because UCAS said it can take 21 days for an update hence I’ve contacted all the universities, hopefully it should be okay.
Another thing that’s bothering me is that it’s my second year applying too.
Thank you for the reassurance though
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Just worried because UCAS said it can take 21 days for an update hence I’ve contacted all the universities, hopefully it should be okay.
Another thing that’s bothering me is that it’s my second year applying too.
Thank you for the reassurance though
Well, as soon as they read your email they should have put a note on your application about it, and you have applied in good time, so you're still elligible for equal consideration, I wouldn't worry about that, how many people on here have applied to the same university/course more than once and got in? A fair few, a quickly rectified error and previous rejections do not necessarily spell disaster.
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
Well, as soon as they read your email they should have put a note on your application about it, and you have applied in good time, so you're still elligible for equal consideration, I wouldn't worry about that, how many people on here have applied to the same university/course more than once and got in? A fair few, a quickly rectified error and previous rejections do not necessarily spell disaster.
Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better, I’m just overthinking I guess.
beatriceb1
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi!! I was told that they fact check your subjects and school and things like that so they will see it within that process. Also, assuming it’s been mentioned on your PS, I wouldn’t worry. I forgot to put my EPQ in but I’ve been told not to worry for the reasons state above.

Hope this makes you feel better and good luck!!!

Bea
TriplexA
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
hey there,

unfortunately, I don't have 3 A-Levels. I have my Level 3 Dental Nursing Diploma, and I was doing Biology to strengthen my application. The requirements are different for Dentistry and Dental Hygiene Therapy, which is what I am hoping to do.
Oh right - I agree with ROTL94 2 (PRSOM to you)

One rejection doesn't mean anything. I recall being rejected by 3 of my unis before finally getting an offer for my course and I applied with a D grade in Chemistry so thought it was all over.

You're clearly an amazing candidate so I really do hope you get in - I have every faith in you.

Ps. Good luck for the driving test coming up.

Best wishes and feel free to PM if and when you need to.
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by beatriceb1)
Hi!! I was told that they fact check your subjects and school and things like that so they will see it within that process. Also, assuming it’s been mentioned on your PS, I wouldn’t worry. I forgot to put my EPQ in but I’ve been told not to worry for the reasons state above.

Hope this makes you feel better and good luck!!!

Bea
Thank you, that does make me feel better! I almost forgot that I did mention it in my PS!
Good luck to you too
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by TriplexA)
Oh right - I agree with ROTL94 2 (PRSOM to you)

One rejection doesn't mean anything. I recall being rejected by 3 of my unis before finally getting an offer for my course and I applied with a D grade in Chemistry so thought it was all over.

You're clearly an amazing candidate so I really do hope you get in - I have every faith in you.

Ps. Good luck for the driving test coming up.

Best wishes and feel free to PM if and when you need to.
Thank you! That's so kind of you to say

Oh the dreaded driving test! My instructor has Covid, so I'm currently also trying to find alternative options, to not push it further yet again.

Thanks, same to you too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed