Applying for college

Watch this thread
bala~~
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi so I wanted to go to a college (Hills Road Sixth form college) however have not been accepted as my predicted grades total was a bit lower than the grade total you need to get an interview. Does that mean that I cannot get accepted into that college even if my GCSE result is really good? I'm freaking out can anyone help?
isabelbelle
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Depends really, in 2021 they had left over places and were offering them out to lower grade candidates (think 6s and 5s) rather than their typical 7/8/9 candidates. If thats the case they will let you know on results day there's still a place for you. If not there's nothing you can do, try Long Road instead.
TomAS96
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If you did get an interview and meet the criteria but come from outside of Cambridge what are your chances? I have a score of 71 with a 6 in English Lang, and the rest 7,8's and one actual 9 taken last year. I want to apply for Maths with Psychology and Geography. I have a predicted grade of a 7 for Maths which is only just the minimum. Hopefully I can improve the English to a 7 and Maths to an 8 but they won't see that until the results are out. My interview is next week so I am pretty nervous.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed