Not doing anything

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've been at home not doing much, I feel a bit **** atm, I'm not doing anything, I'm home all day on most day, I have barely any friends or social interaction and I'm depressed. I've finally quit college after returning after Christmas because there was too many issues and it was my first week back, I went in the first day full day and just didn't go back. I never told them I've quit, so technically I'm still enrolled and I can go back because I've just not been in for a few weeks but do I want to? No.

I get that I'm at home all day it's not the best, I want to sort myself out. I recognise I can't stay like this. I'm not happy in this way but college was probably putting me down worse and there was too many issues. I just now am at home, I'm going to text my family member if I can help with a bit of work, get some money, not a lot but it will be OK. I just feel a bit depressed atm though because I'm not doing much, I don't go out much, I'm at home, barely any friends, I went out with this ST a few weeks ago and I might go to Ford fair in the summer. I just don’t know what to do.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
You were told what you do: get qualifications, get activities that will enhance your CV, get a job. You've ignored all the advice, so what do you want now?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
You were told what you do: get qualifications, get activities that will enhance your CV, get a job. You've ignored all the advice, so what do you want now?
I don't know anymore. I'm in a new situation now. I think I need to speak to my uncle a bit
Anonymous #1
I wanted to do motorvehcle even if I don't be a mechanic I could have got some basic knowledge to work on problems in my own car but they declined me from the course last minute even though I'm illegible they declined me so their fault basically
Rufuscat
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been at home not doing much, I feel a bit **** atm, I'm not doing anything, I'm home all day on most day, I have barely any friends or social interaction and I'm depressed. I've finally quit college after returning after Christmas because there was too many issues and it was my first week back, I went in the first day full day and just didn't go back. I never told them I've quit, so technically I'm still enrolled and I can go back because I've just not been in for a few weeks but do I want to? No.

I get that I'm at home all day it's not the best, I want to sort myself out. I recognise I can't stay like this. I'm not happy in this way but college was probably putting me down worse and there was too many issues. I just now am at home, I'm going to text my family member if I can help with a bit of work, get some money, not a lot but it will be OK. I just feel a bit depressed atm though because I'm not doing much, I don't go out much, I'm at home, barely any friends, I went out with this ST a few weeks ago and I might go to Ford fair in the summer. I just don’t know what to do.
Please talk to someone at your college about how you are feeling. Sounds to me as though you could do with some help from someone.
Hope things improve for you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Rufuscat)
Please talk to someone at your college about how you are feeling. Sounds to me as though you could do with some help from someone.
Hope things improve for you
I've quit college now
black tea
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I've quit college now
In the hour between your original post and this post?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by black tea)
I agree, this seems a bit fishy.

if I was you I'll go back to the college and talk to someone. I too suffer from anxiety and depression, and it will get worser over time . now I'm in uni talking to one of the health professionals. I wished I did that back then
Anonymous #1

if I was you I'll go back to the college and talk to someone. I too suffer from anxiety and depression, and it will get worser over time . now I'm in uni talking to one of the health professionals. I wished I did that back then
I'm not going to go back, it was getting worse with me going, that's why I left, I feel better now a bit
Rufuscat
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm not going to go back, it was getting worse with me going, that's why I left, I feel better now a bit
If you haven’t told your college that you have left it is worthwhile to try and use any student support that they offer even if you don’t want to do the course any more.
Anonymous #1

I've been at home not doing much, I feel a bit **** atm, I'm not doing anything, I'm home all day on most day, I have barely any friends or social interaction and I'm depressed. I've finally quit college after returning after Christmas
How does it seem fishy? I said in the original post I quit college
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Rufuscat)
If you haven’t told your college that you have left it is worthwhile to try and use any student support that they offer even if you don’t want to do the course any more.
I might tell them on Monday I'm not going back
black tea
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
How does it seem fishy? I said in the original post I quit college
No, you said "I never told them I've quit, so technically I'm still enrolled and I can go back". That is not quitting, that is you avoiding dealing with the issue.
Anonymous #1
No, you said "I never told them I've quit, so technically I'm still enrolled and I can go back". That is not quitting, that is you avoiding dealing with the issue.
I've basically quit and not told them because I'm having a bad time atm. I'll tell them on Monday probably
Anonymous #1
I'm supposed to be going out tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'm in the mood
Surnia
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I wanted to do motorvehcle even if I don't be a mechanic I could have got some basic knowledge to work on problems in my own car but they declined me from the course last minute even though I'm illegible they declined me so their fault basically
Do you mean ineligible, in which case it isn't the college's fault? However, you've already shown that you can't follow basic instructions, like sneaking home at lunchtime for a nap, so it's hardly surprising you've got a reputation for being unreliable.

If you want to learn how to fix your car, pay for a class, but don't take up valuable space on a course where people are committed and really want an education.
Surnia
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I've basically quit and not told them because I'm having a bad time atm. I'll tell them on Monday probably
According to your posts, you've had a bad time for months but not bothered to do anything about it. Grow up and take some responsibility, including telling college you're not going back.
Anonymous #1
Do you mean ineligible, in which case it isn't the college's fault? However, you've already shown that you can't follow basic instructions, like sneaking home at lunchtime for a nap, so it's hardly surprising you've got a reputation for being unreliable.

If you want to learn how to fix your car, pay for a class, but don't take up valuable space on a course where people are committed and really want an education.
I just did the right stuff to qualify for that course and they declined me. They said do 2 years on this foundation course so I did and they still declined me and I want to learn stuff as well
tommmb
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Start going to the gym trust me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads