I need your advice on something…

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,

Whats your advice to people going out by themselves? Im a girl and I want to enjoy things every other person does. But it is hard to find friends because I am getting bullied at university (a whole other story) but yh I usually go out by myself most days. I’ve been more interested in sports and I want to go swimming. Obviously have no one to go with so what do u think ur advice is for women swimming alone or running alone. Any precautions I should take to avoid worst case scenarios?
Thank you
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

Whats your advice to people going out by themselves? Im a girl and I want to enjoy things every other person does. But it is hard to find friends because I am getting bullied at university (a whole other story) but yh I usually go out by myself most days. I’ve been more interested in sports and I want to go swimming. Obviously have no one to go with so what do u think ur advice is for women swimming alone or running alone. Any precautions I should take to avoid worst case scenarios?
Thank you
Do you drive? If you drive to the leisure centre / gym then swimming shouldn't be much of a problem.

You may want to join local running clubs to find other women who will run with you, especially at night.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
Do you drive? If you drive to the leisure centre / gym then swimming shouldn't be much of a problem.

You may want to join local running clubs to find other women who will run with you, especially at night.
I unfortunately don’t drivee as of now 😭 and as of the running club.. thank you so much that’s such a great idea!!
ecolier
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I unfortunately don’t drivee as of now 😭 and as of the running club.. thank you so much that’s such a great idea!!
Seeing as you mentioned Uni in your OP, if you live in Uni halls and there's a pool on campus it should be OK walking too. Just make sure you keep warm though, especially in winter!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
Seeing as you mentioned Uni in your OP, if you live in Uni halls and there's a pool on campus it should be OK walking too. Just make sure you keep warm though, especially in winter!
Unfortunately I live off campus 😭
ecolier
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Unfortunately I live off campus 😭
That's not ideal, but I suppose if public transport is safe or you can cycle to the pool it'd still be OK?

As long as you can there at the venue, it should be fine. I know plenty of women who go to swim by themselves.
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi,

Thank you
Hi there.

Have you looked into whether your university has a running/ sports society? This is not only a great way to do something you enjoy but it also enables you to meet other students who may be a similar age to you who also share similar interests with you.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I used to both swim and run on my own (often very late at night) when I was at uni and it was fine. Swimming shouldn't be an issue at all and with running, just be sensible and try to do it during the day in places where there are other people.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
I used to both swim and run on my own (often very late at night) when I was at uni and it was fine. Swimming shouldn't be an issue at all and with running, just be sensible and try to do it during the day in places where there are other people.
Okk thank you so much!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (60)
34.68%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.31%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.18%
It was TERRIBLE (17)
9.83%

Watched Threads