The Student Room Group

I need your advice on something…

Hi,

Whats your advice to people going out by themselves? Im a girl and I want to enjoy things every other person does. But it is hard to find friends because I am getting bullied at university (a whole other story) but yh I usually go out by myself most days. I’ve been more interested in sports and I want to go swimming. Obviously have no one to go with so what do u think ur advice is for women swimming alone or running alone. Any precautions I should take to avoid worst case scenarios?
Thank you
Reply 1
I unfortunately don’t drivee as of now 😭 and as of the running club.. thank you so much that’s such a great idea!!
Reply 2
Unfortunately I live off campus 😭
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Whats your advice to people going out by themselves? Im a girl and I want to enjoy things every other person does. But it is hard to find friends because I am getting bullied at university (a whole other story) but yh I usually go out by myself most days. I’ve been more interested in sports and I want to go swimming. Obviously have no one to go with so what do u think ur advice is for women swimming alone or running alone. Any precautions I should take to avoid worst case scenarios?
Thank you

Hi there.

Have you looked into whether your university has a running/ sports society? This is not only a great way to do something you enjoy but it also enables you to meet other students who may be a similar age to you who also share similar interests with you.
I used to both swim and run on my own (often very late at night) when I was at uni and it was fine. Swimming shouldn't be an issue at all and with running, just be sensible and try to do it during the day in places where there are other people.
Reply 5
Original post by black tea
I used to both swim and run on my own (often very late at night) when I was at uni and it was fine. Swimming shouldn't be an issue at all and with running, just be sensible and try to do it during the day in places where there are other people.

Okk thank you so much!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending