hara020307
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have 3 questions
what a levels do u need to be a Archaeology
what a levels do u need to be a Egyptologist
what a levels do u need to be a Palaeontology
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
You can look this up on the relevant course pages on University websites.
thegeek888
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
A-Level Biology, A-Level Maths and A-Level History might be of use to you. lol
ScarletAH
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hara020307)
I have 3 questions
Don’t base what A levels you want to take on the university course you want to do. Chose your a levels by picking things you enjoy and are good at. However, geology would we very useful for these course but you can go on UCAS website and type in the course, it will give you the subjects that are required for you to do these courses. Hope this helps!
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I have 3 questions
Hi there,

I have a BA in Egyptology, and there aren't any specific subjects, but I would recommend history and a language. I'd recommend biology for palaeontology, but for archaeology it will depend on if you want to do the BA or BSc. What subjects are you doing?
hara020307
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Sandtrooper)
Hi there,

I have a BA in Egyptology, and there aren't any specific subjects, but I would recommend history and a language. I'd recommend biology for palaeontology, but for archaeology it will depend on if you want to do the BA or BSc. What subjects are you doing?
Im thinking of choosing history biology geology maybe chem depending on the college
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Im thinking of choosing history biology geology maybe chem depending on the college
That sounds fine although if you're looking at Oxbridge you may want to check if they'll accept Geology. They probably will but do check.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
You can look this up on the relevant course pages on University websites.
That's what I thought.
The websites will say if there's and subjects they specify for each course.
Roses.Are.Red
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ScarletAH)
Don’t base what A levels you want to take on the university course you want to do. Chose your a levels by picking things you enjoy and are good at. However, geology would we very useful for these course but you can go on UCAS website and type in the course, it will give you the subjects that are required for you to do these courses. Hope this helps!
Actually, I think it is a good idea to base A-levels on the course you want to do: many have requirements or at least some preferred subjects. Most people pick courses that they think they'll enjoy or be good at and the required subjects will probably fall into those categories(if there are any)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (32)
21.19%
The paper was reasonable (50)
33.11%
Not feeling great about that exam... (46)
30.46%
It was TERRIBLE (23)
15.23%

Watched Threads