What is this question asking me?

Watch this thread
zarahh09
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I know you have to match them up but its a bit confusing. Can someone just help me out with one matching up please

Reliez les passages du texte aux expressions décrivant l’officier prussien

1. Heurts d’une fourreau de sabre
2. Serre dans son uniforme comme une fille en son corset
3. Casquette plate et cirée qui le faisait ressembler au chasseur d’un hôtel anglais
4. Puis il dit brusquement c’est pien
5. Robe de chambre flamboyante
6. Il ne se leva pas

a. D'aspect ridicule
b. Supérieur et impoli
c. Autoritaire et à consonance étrangère
d. Effrayant
e. Mince et feminin
f. Mauvais gout
Last edited by zarahh09; 3 months ago
Food!!
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
✨ google translate ✨
bl0bf1sh
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
so it looks like the letters (a, b, c...) are describing the numbers/passages from the text

have a look at #2
some key words might be "serré", "fille" and "corset"
which of the descriptions contains words linking to these?
Last edited by bl0bf1sh; 3 months ago
username5637224
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I imagine that you have mis copied 2 and it's serré dans son uniforme.... which basically means squeezed into his uniform as a girl would be in her corset.... so which of the phrases from a to f corresponds with this description?
zarahh09
Rep:
(Original post by Food!!)
✨ google translate ✨
it doesnt help me in way
zarahh09
Rep:
(Original post by bl0bf1sh)
so it looks like the letters (a, b, c...) are describing the numbers/passages from the text

have a look at #2
some key words might be "serre", "fille" and "corset"
which of the descriptions contains words linking to these?
1 - d
2- e
3 - f
4 - b
5 - a
6 - c
zarahh09
Rep:
(Original post by Nobody2u)
I imagine that you have mis copied 2 and it's serré dans son uniforme.... which basically means squeezed into his uniform as a girl would be in her corset.... so which of the phrases from a to f corresponds with this description?
hi yess, thank you for correct me

1 - d
2- e
3 - f
4 - b
5 - a
6 - c
username5637224
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Are you sure? I haven't read the book but..
zarahh09
Rep:
Are you sure? I haven't read the book but..
This is probably an easy activity but I feel like I am overthinking it
username5637224
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Food!!)
✨ google translate ✨
Never use Google translate, Deep L is much better if you really must, but what would be learnt from the exercise?
zarahh09
Rep:
Never use Google translate, Deep L is much better if you really must, but what would be learnt from the exercise?
true
Without reading the book do u think the ones i put together make sense?
username5637224
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by zarahh09)
This is probably an easy activity but I feel like I am overthinking it
As I don't have the text I can't say for sure but have you made a typo in 4 or are they trying to insinuate an accent when he speaks? And why would someone who doesn't get up (6) be authoritative with a foreign air about them? It's difficult to say without having the connecting parts of the text but I have my doubts about some of your answers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
34.66%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.91%
It was TERRIBLE (17)
9.66%

Watched Threads