The Student Room Group

Covid - how long to get back to normal?

So I got covid nearly 3 weeks ago and I'm still feeling pretty rubbish - still feel shattered, still have cold symptoms and still have a cough (I have been checked and I do not have pneumonia or anything, it's all just residual covid). I'm just wondering how long other people took to get back to normal? I have never been ill for so long long with a viral illness, I'm normally back to normal within a week :frown:
I had it in aug 2021, and still get light headed, out of breath and can't smell. But I did start to feel ok after around 4 weeks
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I had it in aug 2021, and still get light headed, out of breath and can't smell. But I did start to feel ok after around 4 weeks

OK, thank you. Hope all your symptoms settle down eventually!
Reply 3
It can take a while and varies from person to person. Give it time. Hope you feel better soon.
So I got covid nearly 3 weeks ago and I'm still feeling pretty rubbish - still feel shattered, still have cold symptoms and still have a cough (I have been checked and I do not have pneumonia or anything, it's all just residual covid). I'm just wondering how long other people took to get back to normal? I have never been ill for so long long with a viral illness, I'm normally back to normal within a week :frown:

In my experience my covid symptoms lasted like 3 or 4 months more, the tiredness and exhaustion take a while to go, I’ve done covid tests and been negative, but the symptoms still stay a while.

I got it christmas day whilst on holiday. First two days night sweats and general cold, then felt better. Then about 10 days later developed this cough which did not shift for 2 months. Its not like a hacking cough all the time, just when i would get up to go up the stairs or walk outside into the cold air. Its finally gone, but still felt breathless the other day when tackling a hill.
praying
Reply 7
Original post by Rileybr2356
In my experience my covid symptoms lasted like 3 or 4 months more, the tiredness and exhaustion take a while to go, I’ve done covid tests and been negative, but the symptoms still stay a while.

So hopefully just a month or two more until I start to feel better then. Thank you.
Reply 8
Original post by Ghostlady
I got it christmas day whilst on holiday. First two days night sweats and general cold, then felt better. Then about 10 days later developed this cough which did not shift for 2 months. Its not like a hacking cough all the time, just when i would get up to go up the stairs or walk outside into the cold air. Its finally gone, but still felt breathless the other day when tackling a hill.

Yeah, I'm having the same experience with cough too - it's only there after exertion or when I've been out in the cold. Hoping it will start to go soon. Glad all your symptoms are starting to settle :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by tinyperson
praying

huh?
wrong thread
I had coronavirus about three months ago. I only felt symptoms and tiredness for 10 days but after that I got better and I don't feel any symptoms anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest