I can't stop thinking about my crushes.

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey, strange post but need advice!:

I feel invisible! I liked a boy in my class for 4/half months and I still do. I get sad when I'm not in his lesson or if he doesn't attend. But we've never ever spoken to each other, and I was just a secret admirer from the distance but I feel like this is too lame.

My class is (lacking) with boys, only 3 of them. So every one that joins, I immediately seem to like. I think I feel a lack of interest from them though.

For example I had a crush on the new assistant today that's about 6 years older than me. I kept looking at them from afar. I want to control my feelings (because I feel like a creep) I think I'm too shy to start a conversation. I have anxiety though, so I just sit back and watch other girls do the talking. :/

They never show interest in me or ever look at me back, or even know I exist . I wish they would notice me?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
I can kinda relate.
there's like 4 guys in my English class and I find all of them extremely cute.
I like one of them more than the others but when he's not around I stare at the other guys like a creep

The thing is, I've never dated because I've been at an all girls school for 15 years of my life until now so Im not used to.being in the same.class at Boys.
I feel disgusted by my behaviour sometimes...
like. can't I stick to one guy?

So...you're not alone )
annonnymous16
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
personally, my boyfriend is 1.5 years older and it does feel like quite a significant age gap, so any more than a 2 year age gap may not work
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
That's the trouble - no one else notices do they? Just enjoy the classroom scenery for now and what you are experiencing is absolutely normal. You are bound to feel attracted to some people and not others, thats the best thing about finding your feet in the bf gf world. The difficulty is saying something and finding it awkward afterwards particularly if that other person doesn't react as you would hope. So don't dive in head first or you will hit the bottom.

In a class you are hemmed in. Just try being absolutely normal but keep it natural and don't force conversation - wait for an opportunity to say something. You might say - How are you finding this class, I've only seen you a few times? or This lesson is making my head hurt; or Hi - I'm struggling with these, are you any good at them? - or I'm struggling to make sense here. Could you help me? Be aware they might be rubbish too and be embarrassed for not knowing.

It doesn't matter if you get flustered. Keep trying and eventually it a few months you might feel more confident about just starting a conversation. The important part of all this is to listen to what someone says back in order to reply to it. That's the trap everyone falls into. They talk about themselves, and then forget to listen to the response. Listen to the other girls too and see how they develop the conversations, then copy their style (if it works) but the best style of all is just your own.

You might get a few odd looks if it goes wrong but who cares? Just keep it simple, don't force conversation and be open and don't expect anything wonderful in return. All in good time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
34.66%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.91%
It was TERRIBLE (17)
9.66%

Watched Threads