How do I message a girl from university who I haven't talked with in a while

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So, me and this girl lived in the same halls during first year. I really liked her and from what I could tell she really liked me too, but I think I missed a few hints she was giving me so nothing really took off from that first year. During the summer before second year, we'd message eachother here and there and she'd tell me that she missed me but this was during covid so we couldnt really meet up. When lockdown ended, we met up once but she told me she was in a relationship from back home but she still wanted to be good friends. She ended up having a falling out with her housemates and moving back home and doing uni remotely. The trouble is that we're nearly done at uni and I still quite like her but we havent spoken since and I'm not really sure what to do about it. I'm not sure whether she's in a relationship cos she doesnt really post much online but wven if she wanst interested in me romantically I'd love to stay in contact with her cos she was one of my closest friends during first year
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Why not message her and just ask if she would like to meet up for a coffee before we all get locked down again? Open, simple and see what transpires?
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Muttly)
Why not message her and just ask if she would like to meet up for a coffee before we all get locked down again? Open, simple and see what transpires?
^^I wouldn't take any advice from a doomer. There will only be a lockdown if you allow it by complying with stupid things like masks.

Also - a text out of nowhere for coffee is all a bit adult really. Sure it might work, but you're risking your self-esteem. I would send her a fairly fresh meme, and if she replies she was always reasonably open to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
34.46%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.82%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.17%

Watched Threads