What to do about this guy

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I met someone from an app who seemed cool, we chatted quite a bit so I trusted them and went over for a night. We got on well and they were sweet and I considered dating them even but they did do a few annoying things I wasn’t sure about. the very next day they started to ask if I was still seeing people, upset if I didn’t answer messages quickly, and we had an argument when he interrogated me about Instagram.

I liked him at first but going off him now but he’s said he likes me a lot and actually cried during our argument. I felt terrible He has a lot of really nice qualities but the big thing is I find him a bit clingy and annoying sometimes. I tried saying I’m not interested to pursue this but he guilted me so much and negotiated. I’ve only met him once but feel so bad and don’t know how to end things. I do like him a bit but feel it’s going to be just drama
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Manipulative, controlling, using emotional blackmail and that was only your first date; walk away and block him.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Manipulative, controlling, using emotional blackmail and that was only your first date; walk away and block him.
I have blocked them now.. I d on like ghosting people and since they were crying a lot last time I felt soo bad if they might be doing it again
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
So many red flags warning of a problem dater and potential controlling gaslighter that my eyes are close to watering. :eek4:
Remember that you don't owe anyone a second date, let alone a relationship or the opportunity to interrogate you online/via text.
Best to change all your contact info and never interact with that guy again.
If he pesters you or makes any threats, file a police report.
Good luck!
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have blocked them now.. I d on like ghosting people and since they were crying a lot last time I felt soo bad if they might be doing it again
Crying? No chance. A guy like that will already be trying to find someone else...
Chicken.M.
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
lol kinda cringe crying someone you've only known for a day.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Crying? No chance. A guy like that will already be trying to find someone else...
i hope so. They keep popping up on other platforms going 'haha you should block me here too'
tsparktae
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I met someone from an app who seemed cool, we chatted quite a bit so I trusted them and went over for a night. We got on well and they were sweet and I considered dating them even but they did do a few annoying things I wasn’t sure about. the very next day they started to ask if I was still seeing people, upset if I didn’t answer messages quickly, and we had an argument when he interrogated me about Instagram.

I liked him at first but going off him now but he’s said he likes me a lot and actually cried during our argument. I felt terrible He has a lot of really nice qualities but the big thing is I find him a bit clingy and annoying sometimes. I tried saying I’m not interested to pursue this but he guilted me so much and negotiated. I’ve only met him once but feel so bad and don’t know how to end things. I do like him a bit but feel it’s going to be just drama
I can understand that my ex was the same always questioning who I texted even though we just met. It's hard but straight up tell him he is too clingy. He needs to understand that you need space and he isn't giving you personal time which you need. Explain to him this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the exam go for you?

Great! (1)
3.23%
Quite well (17)
54.84%
Not so good (10)
32.26%
Terrible! (3)
9.68%

Watched Threads