Tips on pursuing a new relationship

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, I broke up with my ex girlfriend 3 weeks ago from our toxic relationship. The cause of the breakup was because I got used, taken advantage of because of my wealth and naivety and also I got cheated on. In those 3 weeks I have not once thought about my ex and have perfectly coped with it well however in that time I have reflected, realised, thought about the mistakes that I made for example going over through the use of valuables and assets to show how she means to me. Because I’ll be completely honest within the relationship the way I treated her is how a girl wants to be treated. But the purpose of the thread is I feel like I want to pursue a new relationship but I don’t know where to start especially online. All I’m looking for is not someone like my toxic ex but actually someone who wants to pursue a successful and perfect relationship because I gave it my all in my first and I spoke to friends who said I am worth far better then my ex. So any tips and advice especially on how I can find the one through online. Thank you very much for everyone help, tips and advice. ❤️👏
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I would use your online search for a counsellor to offload your anger at being fleeced of your wealth and for the hijacking of your naivety First Dates too.
https://www.twentytwenty.tv/casting/...dates_677.aspx
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
How did u meet ur ex anyways?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Don't get involved in a relationship until you are mature enough not to be asking random strangers on the internet for tips.
super_hannah
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I in no way shape or form have a full understanding of your relationship so I do not want to offend but because you seemed to get over it very quickly, maybe you didn't truly love that person. By the sounds of it, you definitely do deserve better and for someone to treat you as lovely as you treat them and from what you have said above, you gave your all to your previous relationship and that's all anyone could ever ask. My best advice would be to not go desperately looking for love, let it come to you. I met my boyfriend on Tinder a few years ago and we live together now-I just had a gut feeling about him. Ours is by no means a 'perfect' relationship, I don't think there is such a thing but it is happy and healthy if that is what you mean. Honestly just follow your instincts and be yourself and the right person will come to you.
Last edited by super_hannah; 3 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
How did u meet ur ex anyways?
Real life.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Don't get involved in a relationship until you are mature enough not to be asking random strangers on the internet for tips.
Thank you I won’t but I only want to be involved in those who do.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by super_hannah)
I in no way shape or form have a full understanding of your relationship so I do not want to offend but because you seemed to get over it very quickly, maybe you didn't truly love that person. By the sounds of it, you definitely do deserve better and for someone to treat you as lovely as you treat them and from what you have said above, you gave your all to your previous relationship and that's all anyone could ever ask. My best advice would be to not go desperately looking for love, let it come to you. I met my boyfriend on Tinder a few years ago and we live together now-I just had a gut feeling about him. Ours is by no means a 'perfect' relationship, I don't think there is such a thing but it is happy and healthy if that is what you mean. Honestly just follow your instincts and be yourself and the right person will come to you.
My relationship with my ex girlfriend ended we were together 3 months. I seemed to get over her because to me she is non existent, a ghost 👻 and my past and I consider her dead to me. Which was why 3 weeks made me get over her quickly. I’m not desperately in need I do have the feelings of being empty, lost and lonely inside. Thank you though for your tip.
ROTL94 2
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Obscure the fact you are monied as much as you reasonably can until you trust that she's not a leech. Sucks **** but we all have to take precautions to avoid getting used.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
Obscure the fact you are monied as much as you reasonably can until you trust that she's not a leech. Sucks **** but we all have to take precautions to avoid getting used.
My only intention to do that was only to use as a gesture to show how much I valued her like she was my princess that’s all though she did gold dig me though eventually.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
no relationship is 'perfect'. Even the most happy relationship still has its bumps. You need to meet someone that has no idea about your money, maybe at a bar, or work or wherever. Just don't go looking for a perfect relationship or you'll never find it. just be friendly to people and ask them on a date if you want to get to know them more. relationships aren't just for the sheer fact of being with someone, if they're not 'the one' then it's experience and will teach you what to do differently next time
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
no relationship is 'perfect'. Even the most happy relationship still has its bumps. You need to meet someone that has no idea about your money, maybe at a bar, or work or wherever. Just don't go looking for a perfect relationship or you'll never find it. just be friendly to people and ask them on a date if you want to get to know them more. relationships aren't just for the sheer fact of being with someone, if they're not 'the one' then it's experience and will teach you what to do differently next time
It’s just that I met my ex well in college before we spoke for a good year over social media before meeting up early last year in person. I want to try online dating any tips and advice for that like which app is worth using. I realised and learnt my mistake because it was my first relationship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads