how do you organise your revision?

Watch this thread
succubus666
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
i realised during these mocks that i have a hard time organising my revision, for example on monday i’ll revise for the test on tuesday then on tuesday i’ll revise for the test the next day so on, but i don’t think that’s efficient in maximising my productivity. also do you revise by topics from order or do you start from the topics you’re weaker on and then work yourself to the ones you’re most confident in?

KA_P
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by succubus666)
i realised during these mocks that i have a hard time organising my revision, for example on monday i’ll revise for the test on tuesday then on tuesday i’ll revise for the test the next day so on, but i don’t think that’s efficient in maximising my productivity. also do you revise by topics from order or do you start from the topics you’re weaker on and then work yourself to the ones you’re most confident in?
I think I mainly did past paper questions and found areas of weakness and worked on those. Other than that, I looked at the specification to find things I didn't really remember much about. I printed out the specification and annotate what I remember being taught, but if I wasn't completely sure, I'd focus on that topic.

I've copied and pasted the below from my GYG thread, I hope it'll be of some help to you.

General advice for lack of motivation:
Spoiler:
Show
Stop with the grey environment.
Study in a place where you are able to concentrate. Take a proper break in a different place with a different atmosphere. Don't eliminate breaks from your study period.
Study with friends.
Get teachers to do afternoon or after-school sessions.
Use you exam board spec to guide you. It's literally so useful. Annotate it and highlight it. Use that as your base.
Do lots of questions.
Jot down similar questions that keep on appearing and the main marking points. Do the same for questions that you keep on getting wrong/ not full marks on.
Use ACTIVE RECALL, it saves a lot of time rereading etc.
Watch yt vids to revise or go over a topic etc.
That's all I have for the moment.

My main advice when studying/revising for GCSEs and A-Levels:
Spoiler:
Show
- use the specification: print it it out, learn from it, annotate it.
- do as many past paper questions as possible under timed conditions.
- for questions that pop up a lot of questions you struggle to get any or full marks on, after attempting them, look at the mark scheme and jot down the main marking points and learn them.
- try to use different methods of revision to see what suits you: speak it out, teach it to an object, ACTIVE RECALL, use mind maps, flashcards, etc.
- do revision/review sessions with friends (texting, group voice/video calls or in person) or lunch/after school sessions with teachers.
- utilise resources at your disposal: Quizlet, YouTube (so many YouTubers post videos explaining topics in a simpler way), as well as other websites that depends on your subject.
- avoid a grey environment. Separate your study environment from your play environment. Come out of your room, get fresh air and study in an environment that would support your learning. Take breaks when you need, but do it away from your study environment or that's just procrastination not a real break.
- see studying as something you enjoy and something you can gain from rather than a chore.
- don't constantly think about failure. Imagine yourself acing those small assessments and those exams. Stop questioning yourself and your abilities. You're amazing and you should believe in yourself.
- don't see failure as the end of the road. See failure as a learning opportunity. Reflect on what you need to do to improve and actively try to improve. Each and every thing you face in life is a hidden learning opportunity - it's up to you to utilise it.
succubus666
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by KA_P)
I think I mainly did past paper questions and found areas of weakness and worked on those. Other than that, I looked at the specification to find things I didn't really remember much about. I printed out the specification and annotate what I remember being taught, but if I wasn't completely sure, I'd focus on that topic.

I've copied and pasted the below from my GYG thread, I hope it'll be of some help to you.

Spoiler:
Show
Study in a place where you are able to concentrate. Take a proper break in a different place with a different atmosphere. Don't eliminate breaks from your study period.
Study with friends.
Use you exam board spec to guide you. It's literally so useful. Annotate it and highlight it. Use that as your base.
Do lots of questions.
Jot down similar questions that keep on appearing and the main marking points. Do the same for questions that you keep on getting wrong/ not full marks on.

Spoiler:
Show
- for questions that pop up a lot of questions you struggle to get any or full marks on, after attempting them, look at the mark scheme and jot down the main marking points and learn them.
- try to use different methods of revision to see what suits you: speak it out, teach it to an object, ACTIVE RECALL, use mind maps, flashcards, etc.
- do revision/review sessions with friends (texting, group voice/video calls or in person) or lunch/after school sessions with teachers.
- utilise resources at your disposal: Quizlet, YouTube (so many YouTubers post videos explaining topics in a simpler way), as well as other websites that depends on your subject.
- avoid a grey environment. Separate your study environment from your play environment. Come out of your room, get fresh air and study in an environment that would support your learning. Take breaks when you need, but do it away from your study environment or that's just procrastination not a real break.
- see studying as something you enjoy and something you can gain from rather than a chore.
- don't constantly think about failure. Imagine yourself acing those small assessments and those exams. Stop questioning yourself and your abilities. You're amazing and you should believe in yourself.
- don't see failure as the end of the road. See failure as a learning opportunity. Reflect on what you need to do to improve and actively try to improve. Each and every thing you face in life is a hidden learning opportunity - it's up to you to utilise it.
this is so helpful thank you!!
KA_P
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by succubus666)
this is so helpful thank you!!
I'm happy to help

Good luck!!
iqra_xoxoxoxox
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by KA_P)

Spoiler:
Show
Study with friends.
Do lots of questions.

Spoiler:
Show
Those tips are amazing 🤩
KA_P
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox)
Those tips are amazing 🤩

Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise