Not sure what to do

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Just need some advice,
Everyone around me seems to be Getting married etc getting on with their life’s every time I speak to friends or family friends, get the same question ‘when are you getting married’ I’m 28 years old and Pakistani, I’ve never dated a girl and still find it difficult to start conversations. I’ve tired dating apps but they seem to be a waste of time and seen a few local girls that I went to school with on them.
Yes I do want to settle down but I’m just afraid I’ve heard many stories of people getting f’d over by their partners. I’d say I’m quite feminine (I get pedicures, and do other things ‘girls’ would do) being a Pakistani male I know not many do these things.
Also to add to this everything has to be done a specific way I sometimes get annoyed if it isn’t done the way I like (is this a mental problem?).

If there’s anyone in a similar situation or has anything useful they can suggest please let me know
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Just because you are single doesn't mean you aren't "getting on with your life". Do you genuinely want to settle down or because everyone else is doing it/you are getting pressured?

Start by making friends with girls first. Get involved in activities where you can meet them; ditch the dating apps, and get into the real world.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Surnia)
Just because you are single doesn't mean you aren't "getting on with your life". Do you genuinely want to settle down or because everyone else is doing it/you are getting pressured?

Start by making friends with girls first. Get involved in activities where you can meet them; ditch the dating apps, and get into the real world.
Yes I’m looking to settle down.

I want to meet a Pakistani girl ideally, but don’t mind if I meet anyone else . The activities I do are more male e.g. golf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (277)
42.1%
The paper was reasonable (271)
41.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.12%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.6%

Watched Threads