Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    being a waiter/waitress is the best job, it usually pays well and you get loads of tips too.
    Also its quite fun as long as you work in a nice.posh one.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently bus drivers get like £9 an hour.. wowee. Still doesn't stop them being ultimately grumpy though.

ReputationRep:
    I used to get paid £5.77 working in Boots as a qualified Medical Counter Assistant (woo :rolleyes: )

My bf got £80 in tips from ONE party once so came home with about £200 in tips that day. It's a pig of a job though.

ReputationRep:
    £6.25 an hour doing shop work! I love it! (well the money anyway!)

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Yeah, it's a Chelsea restaurant. I get most of my money in tips though.
    And do you offer any other services apart from waitressing to get your £7.50.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly_tiara)
    £6.25 an hour doing shop work! I love it! (well the money anyway!)

Lou
    xxx
    Cool, what shop/hours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    being a waiter/waitress is the best job, it usually pays well and you get loads of tips too.
    Also its quite fun as long as you work in a nice.posh one.
    It's bloody hard work, but you can make LOTS of money in tips. I got about £800 in tips just over christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    And do you offer any other services apart from waitressing to get your £7.50.. :rolleyes:
    No, if I was going to go down that route, I'd be a stripper (and probably earn a lot more money!)

ReputationRep:
    It depends what job I am doing, if its a web development contract from this company I work for part time I get paid anything from £8-£12 an hour depending on if its weekend or during the week. I prefer weekends because not only do I get paid more but also I get to work at home.

Doing leaflets I get typicaly around £4 an hour but I hardly do any these days. Thatrs more of a summer job. Hopefully in a couple of years time I will be £20 ph.

ReputationRep:
    £4 an hour for standing about in a shop and occasionally selling things to customers. Also known as a Co-op food store.

It's incredibly boring and badly paid...generally quite sucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose64)
    Apparently bus drivers get like £9 an hour.. wowee. Still doesn't stop them being ultimately grumpy though.
    They don't here, its about £6.25ph in Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    I get £5.09, those retarded employees won't even round it up to £5.10

I only get 1 and a half on bank holiday, where my sister get twice her hourly rate.....instead of my bank holiday being £5.09 + £2.55 = £7.64, they give me £5.09 + £2.54 = £7.63.......THAT 1p makes all the differences man

Being a waiter sucks, i would not even work as a waiter for £10, all you do is stand and ask customers what they want????...my 10 year old brother can do that!!!!!They just stand around pretending they are supermodels, and stand around for like 10 hours a day. You get loads of retarded customer as well, and keep are getting asked to do this, do that.....

Also, you got to clean up the mess from customer meeting, pick up left over food, clean all the leftover food on the table and floor.....

The only thing going, for being a waiter, is that the pay is good and you get tips......

Its bascially, just better then working at Fast food restuarants

PERIOD

ReputationRep:
    £17.50 an hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    £17.50 an hour
    Blimey what do you? I assume you have now graduated to be earning that much? PS Not unless you signiture was made seven years ago :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Blimey what do you? I assume you have now graduated to be earning that much? PS Not unless you signiture was made seven years ago :p:
    It's my part time job to help fund me through med school - civil service.

ReputationRep:
    im strictly unemployed but build and fix PCs...

its unreliable and the like, but usually pick up about £50 for a few hours work when it does come along

ReputationRep:
    £5.61 and double pay on sundays and bank holidays

ReputationRep:
    I dont get paid by the hour I get paid by each time i do something. But I baby sit for some stupidly rich folk and I get £40 if they are back before midnight and £70 if its after midnight. I usually start about 7.30pm and they are usually back before midnight. So its pretty good pay-plus they have a well stocked fridhe,score!

ReputationRep:
    €15 thats about £10.40 according to XE currency converter.

ReputationRep:
    I think I get 4.46 or something ridiculous like that, working in Budgens. Could be worse I suppose, I got double pay on the Christmas bank holidays. And it's not as if I actually do a hell of a lot (unless you count sitting in the office with my fit manager!)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.