This discussion is closed.
LostRiot
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
being a waiter/waitress is the best job, it usually pays well and you get loads of tips too.
Also its quite fun as long as you work in a nice.posh one.
Rose64
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Apparently bus drivers get like £9 an hour.. wowee. Still doesn't stop them being ultimately grumpy though.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I used to get paid £5.77 working in Boots as a qualified Medical Counter Assistant (woo :rolleyes: )

My bf got £80 in tips from ONE party once so came home with about £200 in tips that day. It's a pig of a job though.
sparkly_tiara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
£6.25 an hour doing shop work! I love it! (well the money anyway!)

Lou
xxx
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
Yeah, it's a Chelsea restaurant. I get most of my money in tips though.
And do you offer any other services apart from waitressing to get your £7.50.. :rolleyes:
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by sparkly_tiara)
£6.25 an hour doing shop work! I love it! (well the money anyway!)

Lou
xxx
Cool, what shop/hours?
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by KidA)
being a waiter/waitress is the best job, it usually pays well and you get loads of tips too.
Also its quite fun as long as you work in a nice.posh one.
It's bloody hard work, but you can make LOTS of money in tips. I got about £800 in tips just over christmas.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
And do you offer any other services apart from waitressing to get your £7.50.. :rolleyes:
No, if I was going to go down that route, I'd be a stripper (and probably earn a lot more money!)
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It depends what job I am doing, if its a web development contract from this company I work for part time I get paid anything from £8-£12 an hour depending on if its weekend or during the week. I prefer weekends because not only do I get paid more but also I get to work at home.

Doing leaflets I get typicaly around £4 an hour but I hardly do any these days. Thatrs more of a summer job. Hopefully in a couple of years time I will be £20 ph.
fasterpurple
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
£4 an hour for standing about in a shop and occasionally selling things to customers. Also known as a Co-op food store.

It's incredibly boring and badly paid...generally quite sucky.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Rose64)
Apparently bus drivers get like £9 an hour.. wowee. Still doesn't stop them being ultimately grumpy though.
They don't here, its about £6.25ph in Manchester.
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I get £5.09, those ******ed employees won't even round it up to £5.10

I only get 1 and a half on bank holiday, where my sister get twice her hourly rate.....instead of my bank holiday being £5.09 + £2.55 = £7.64, they give me £5.09 + £2.54 = £7.63.......THAT 1p makes all the differences man

Being a waiter sucks, i would not even work as a waiter for £10, all you do is stand and ask customers what they want????...my 10 year old brother can do that!!!!!They just stand around pretending they are supermodels, and stand around for like 10 hours a day. You get loads of ******ed customer as well, and keep are getting asked to do this, do that.....

Also, you got to clean up the mess from customer meeting, pick up left over food, clean all the leftover food on the table and floor.....

The only thing going, for being a waiter, is that the pay is good and you get tips......

Its bascially, just better then working at Fast food restuarants

PERIOD
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
£17.50 an hour
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
£17.50 an hour
Blimey what do you? I assume you have now graduated to be earning that much? PS Not unless you signiture was made seven years ago :p:
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Blimey what do you? I assume you have now graduated to be earning that much? PS Not unless you signiture was made seven years ago :p:
It's my part time job to help fund me through med school - civil service.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
im strictly unemployed but build and fix PCs...

its unreliable and the like, but usually pick up about £50 for a few hours work when it does come along
commoner
Report 15 years ago
£5.61 and double pay on sundays and bank holidays
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I dont get paid by the hour I get paid by each time i do something. But I baby sit for some stupidly rich folk and I get £40 if they are back before midnight and £70 if its after midnight. I usually start about 7.30pm and they are usually back before midnight. So its pretty good pay-plus they have a well stocked fridhe,score!
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
€15 thats about £10.40 according to XE currency converter.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think I get 4.46 or something ridiculous like that, working in Budgens. Could be worse I suppose, I got double pay on the Christmas bank holidays. And it's not as if I actually do a hell of a lot (unless you count sitting in the office with my fit manager!)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (195)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.66%
I still don't know (100)
17.06%

Watched Threads