This discussion is closed.
JMP
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
£6.25 base + tips, what ever they may be.
*hedgehog*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I get £4.85 now i am 18 working in Clarks. It was a measly £3.79 before!!
Sweety
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
Self-explanatory thread title! Just wondering really - I'm looking for a new job and hoping to get more than the £4.50 per hour I'm getting at the moment working in a sandwich bar! Is this wishful thinking?!
£4.65 an hour and then after you have finished filling in these silly books that the manager gives you the pay goes up to about £5.06
fasterpurple
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
Wow they must have increased the pay then.
last June I worked there and was paid about £3.73 an hour.
Was terrible. Health and safety would have had a field day there, I think my back is still dodgy from them actually. They would expect me to come in for overtime with 2-3 hours notice. Soooo glad I don't work there anymore, they wanted me to go back as well. HA.
It makes my back bad as well! I think I'm going to quit as soon as I can find another job, it's just too horrible there. It's really dirty in the shop too - I refuse to buy anything from there

I only work there because it's the closest place to my house, I think I'm going to start thinking about using part of my pay to get a bus somewhere ^^;;
katiesado
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I work in China so I make the equivalent of about $15 a day, however that's actually very good money here.
Alexander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was on £7 working as a Christmas temp for the Royal Mail, though sadly that's over. That's including London weighting (not that I was in London, but never mind!) and pro rata holiday pay. Anyhow, it's a good student job as it fits in with the Christmas holidays but leaves you free after Christmas to do some academic work...you do have to be 18 though.
Vladek
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This thread is so vulgar!!!

but to set your minds at rest, a lot!
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Vladek)
This thread is so vulgar!!!

but to set your minds at rest, a lot!
What's vulgar about it? There's nothing wrong with comparing one's own earnings with those of one's peers. Ironically I think yours is the most vulgar post on this thread so far.
Irrational Pi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
£6.50 ph working as a summer temp assembling computers at a certain well known large education computer firm.
Got about £200/week.
JennLlama
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was on £6.37 over the summer on a work placement with an engineering firm very nice, and got offered a job there for next summer too, paid slightly more!
Jenn xx
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
£0ph
Vladek
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
What's vulgar about it? There's nothing wrong with comparing one's own earnings with those of one's peers. Ironically I think yours is the most vulgar post on this thread so far.
Did you lose your sense of humour on the way to your pathetic job?
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
£0ph
Because you don't have a job... lazy Sian
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
2 years ago i got around €1500 for 1 weeks work. thats about £1045 i think.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
£7 an hour at a computer company that lets me doodle graphics all day and listen to my ipod
iluvcheesecake
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I get £8.00ph for tutoring a guy doing AS Maths ans a couple of girls doing GCSE Physics, which isn't bad, and it's a pretty good rate for their parents really seeing as professional tutors can charge up to £30ph. I used to earn, about £7.00ph as a waitress (in London), most of which was tips, so that was cool.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Vladek)
Did you lose your sense of humour on the way to your pathetic job?
Harsh words. I'd agree my job is pathetic. Which is the reason I'm looking for another one, or did you not read my original post?
happydinosaur
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
£0ph
Me too..
belis
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I work as a care worker. Pay is variable 5.5 during the week, 6.5 during weekends and 7.5 on night shifts.
hollywollydoodle
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
£5.30 an hour working at Whsmiths and £7 teaching little brats (i mean kiddies how to do gymnastics. bloody knackering, they have so much energy.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (66)
41.77%
Take autumn exams (54)
34.18%
Look for a job (4)
2.53%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.53%
Take a year out (21)
13.29%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.7%

Watched Threads