?
Report 14 years ago
£30ph
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Depends on what assignment I get. Well actually I have two jobs, one is my usual retail job (Priceline - it's like your Boots ), and I work on weekends, sometimes Sundays, so yes the money is good. The other job is a promotional one, that can earn heaps depending on what I'm helping to advertise. However there is a catch - I tend to not get paid for ages The model/promo agency I work for send the cheque like weeks after I've done the shift, it's not fair! oh yeah, sometimes when I get fed up with them, over the holidays when I'm in Melbourne I do some waitress work, there's heaps of positions available in the many restaurants of my home city

DB_x
HollyBible
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wild thing)
i get paid 5 euros per hour/
doing what ? I wont wake up in morning for five €
mahras
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Depends and varies considerably. I trade equities and soon starting a fund so it varies time to time. Hmmm I would say with the work I put in I earn around 40 bucks or around 25 pounds an hour.
Scout
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
£6/h but only because it's time and half
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Actually, just thought of something - if I usually, on average, make around $35 Aus an hour for the work that I do - how much would that be in pounds? Approx? :confused: I should work it out, heh, but the poll only mentions pound money, so wasn't sure... However I know it'd be well over 6 pounds an hour (infact prolly somthing like 14 or 15 pounds an hour?), so I just clicked on that link :p:
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella83)
Actually, just thought of something - if I usually, on average, make around $35 Aus an hour for the work that I do - how much would that be in pounds? Approx? :confused: I should work it out, heh, but the poll only mentions pound money, so wasn't sure... However I know it'd be well over 6 pounds an hour (infact prolly somthing like 14 or 15 pounds an hour?), so I just clicked on that link :p:
Yeh, its about £14.50, a hell of alot for doing promotional work, although im sure someone as smart as you would be very high in demand . Is that the standard wage over there, for that sort of work?
Powersymphonia
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by marabara)
£30ph
Er that's a little hard to believe :rolleyes: I work in a shop for £3.38 an hour, but it goes up on April 6th to £4.50ph yay.
Wings_cp
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i worked a few month for Lloyds tsb to gain some dosh

it was 6.50 an hour and all over time was atleast double with some days during Xmas tripple

i worked one day and got paid 19.50 an hour.. wel good

good tip. find job at a job agency.. ull get a better deal there
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What job agency did you go to?
Dyakson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Waaait a minute - my payslip says £4.92 per hour! I'm sure it's meant to be more than that!

This is working as a 'catering assistant' for the local SU. I'd prefer to drive buses or pizza-mopeds, to be honest. I've been doing catering assistantcy for about a year now, and the fryer grease impregnates your clothing...

And driving things is much more fun.
robf
Report 14 years ago
Everyones jobs are sooo much more extravagent than mine....im a checkout operator (read: till boy) at Waitrose, i get 4.21 (after my pay rise from 4.06) and time and a ahalf on sundays.
Rob
JackieS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I get 15 quid an hour
Russell
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
£10 an hour teaching music baby!
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Russell)
£10 an hour teaching music baby!
Woo! What instrument? Do you have to have grade 8?
Russell
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sadly not, I have never done grades. I don't disagree with them like some do I just took bass up really late. I have been playing about 4 years. I just have a good ear and know lots of theory. I tend to teach the practical working and application of the bass guitar not just endless theory and recitals of other pieces. It's nice to teach creativity
Gem88
Report 14 years ago
I get £3 an hour cuz I'm a Saturday girl in a shop, but even still, my pay is disgusting and all my workmates say that and hope it will go up soon. However right now it's more about the experience and I'm happy to receive money full stop!
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I get paid £11 an hour for my full time job (Customer Service Analyst - 10% talking to customers, 90% doing SQL and other computery stuff). If I do web design contracts I get paid £17 per hour.
Font
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i dont have a job!fullstop...my parents want me to get one badly, because i'm from a poor background, but to hell with it - i can't stand working in retail, and i can't get anything better at the moment; hopefully will get a job in uni or later

phil
matt1889
Report 14 years ago
[B]Work as a P/T plumber outside uni hours, in my home city of Sheffield, Fully trained and corgi registered so i can charge a competative rate, so if i charge £25 - £30 p/h, theres no reason why i cant earn £150 per day. Its a hard life!!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads