Should I do it?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
My best friend and I used to chat everyday constantly and now after getting a girlfriend we hardly do and I miss him so much. Now, I usually text him as I used to and just wait all day until he responds. Should I just not text him for an entire day and see how he reacts to that? I’m worried he won’t even notice, that would break me.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I feel like… yes your feelings are valid that you want him to text you like he did before but also you need to understand that he has a higher priority now, and unfortunately it’s something you would need to respect.

I doubt playing psychological games is the best way to go about it, I would suggest that you probably should try scheduling a call with him every now and then so you can catch up with each other, or suggest something to do together as friends.
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My best friend and I used to chat everyday constantly and now after getting a girlfriend we hardly do and I miss him so much. Now, I usually text him as I used to and just wait all day until he responds. Should I just not text him for an entire day and see how he reacts to that? I’m worried he won’t even notice, that would break me.
Hi there.

I absolutely agree with CaptainDuckie's advice. I think texting him for an entire day would end up a bad idea as it'd either make him very annoyed at you if he does reply or if he doesn't it will upset you. I recommend you stay in touch however respect the fact that he now has someone else to prioritise in his life.

Best wishes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
I feel like… yes your feelings are valid that you want him to text you like he did before but also you need to understand that he has a higher priority now, and unfortunately it’s something you would need to respect.

I doubt playing psychological games is the best way to go about it, I would suggest that you probably should try scheduling a call with him every now and then so you can catch up with each other, or suggest something to do together as friends.
I’ve tried everything! I’ve tried so many times to schedule a call but he just says ‘we’ll see’ and then it never happens. It’s been 3 months since we last called and every few days I ask him.

We live far away from each other and it’s really hard for us to meet, especially with curfews for covid containment in our city. And we both have finals coming up and we don’t want to plan anything so close to it.

And I completely understand that his priorities aren’t the same, but our friendship still exists… I’m not saying that he needs to make me a bigger priority, definitely not. I respect what he has now. I just want it to go back to how it was, at least a little bit. I just miss him 🤷🏻*♀️😕
Anonymous #1
I’ve tried everything! I’ve tried so many times to schedule a call but he just says ‘we’ll see’ and then it never happens. It’s been 3 months since we last called and every few days I ask him.

We live far away from each other and it’s really hard for us to meet, especially with curfews for covid containment in our city. And we both have finals coming up and we don’t want to plan anything so close to it.

And I completely understand that his priorities aren’t the same, but our friendship still exists… I’m not saying that he needs to make me a bigger priority, definitely not. I respect what he has now. I just want it to go back to how it was, at least a little bit. I just miss him 🤷🏻*♀️😕
Also, I think the emojis got messed up. Whoops. It was supposed to be just a shrug
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

It won’t or doesn’t need to go back to how it was, that’s the point. I know this isn’t what you want to hear. It’s hard I can imagine but it might be worthwhile accepting it as it is, rather than like.. pestering him to meet you if he doesn’t want to or doesn’t make an effort to your suggestions.
Anonymous #1
Wow, I was being so selfish… I should’ve just spoken to him about it in the first place.
I spoke to him last night, tho. We said what we had to, apologised and now I think it’ll get better.
Thank u guys for stopping me from doing something supremely stupid. I might have ruined everything if I did what I was going to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
22.73%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.55%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (3)
13.64%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
9.09%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
27.27%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
22.73%

Watched Threads