The Student Room Group

Online assistant

Hi; I want to apply for online assistant at one of Sainsbury's branches. My current manager says never apply for this job because it is very hard and multi-task! I am already working in a bakery at one of Sainsbury's branches. Could you please share your experience? The branch which I want to apply to, every few months advertises for online assistant vacancies. I am wondering why do they need 5-10 people every 3 months?!
Thank for any advice
Original post by Arazkhan
Hi; I want to apply for online assistant at one of Sainsbury's branches. My current manager says never apply for this job because it is very hard and multi-task! I am already working in a bakery at one of Sainsbury's branches. Could you please share your experience? The branch which I want to apply to, every few months advertises for online assistant vacancies. I am wondering why do they need 5-10 people every 3 months?!
Thank for any advice

Hi
It's your decision pal if you want to apply for any other job positions in your store or another sainsburys as manager can't tell you not to.
You'll get managers saying things to you to put you off applying as it would mean that they need to replace you in that area if you was to get offered job elsewhere in store. If you happy in bakery then keep still but you are entitled to apply for any other job positions but whether you get it or not is the thing but don't be afraid of applying ok.

So you want to do the dot.com online ordering job going round the store picking customers orders they placed to be delivered to there home, it is multi tasking at times as normally collecting upto say 6 customers orders at a time and you'll have to do it within xx time, its all done on handheld equipment so you follow that.

What you may find with those jobs in dot.com side is they either go through more staff than main store side because of them being temporary contracts or people just leaving as don't like it. Reasons why they keep advertising for people ok.

I work in rival store with tesco as I'm t/leader & stand in supervisor as required.
This situation with staff is same there just like all big retailers with dot.com delivery services.

Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi
It's your decision pal if you want to apply for any other job positions in your store or another sainsburys as manager can't tell you not to.
You'll get managers saying things to you to put you off applying as it would mean that they need to replace you in that area if you was to get offered job elsewhere in store. If you happy in bakery then keep still but you are entitled to apply for any other job positions but whether you get it or not is the thing but don't be afraid of applying ok.

So you want to do the dot.com online ordering job going round the store picking customers orders they placed to be delivered to there home, it is multi tasking at times as normally collecting upto say 6 customers orders at a time and you'll have to do it within xx time, its all done on handheld equipment so you follow that.

What you may find with those jobs in dot.com side is they either go through more staff than main store side because of them being temporary contracts or people just leaving as don't like it. Reasons why they keep advertising for people ok.

I work in rival store with tesco as I'm t/leader & stand in supervisor as required.
This situation with staff is same there just like all big retailers with dot.com delivery services.

Hope this helps.

Hi Tracey; thank you very much taking your time to reply me . It was very helpful.
Hi Tracey; thank you very much taking your time to reply me . It was very helpful.

Hi
You are welcome for the reply as no trouble in doing so.
Hope you'll apply for the job if you want to do it but make sure it's permanent position you apply for.....
Reply 4
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi
You are welcome for the reply as no trouble in doing so.
Hope you'll apply for the job if you want to do it but make sure it's permanent position you apply for.....

Sure. Thanks again
Sure. Thanks again

No probs ok .

You have nothing to lose in applying for another position in your store as you'll still have job in bakery dept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending