Alevel sociology or something else?

Watch this thread
annonnymous16
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am currently doing GCSE sociology and have gotten pretty bored of the course and teacher. Is Alevel sociology much different or should I consider a different course? if so what would you recommend to go along side biology and maths?
Sohayb 207
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by annonnymous16)
I am currently doing GCSE sociology and have gotten pretty bored of the course and teacher. Is Alevel sociology much different or should I consider a different course? if so what would you recommend to go along side biology and maths?
i would recommend chemistry
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I did sociology at both gcse and a-level (although it was a while ago).
I found that a-level was more in depth than gcse. Some topics were the same as gcse, and some topics were completely new.
I found both gcse and a-level interesting.
If you did it at a-level would you have the same teacher or possibly a different one?
What are you thinking of doing after a-levels?
annonnymous16
Rep:
(Original post by Emma:-))
I did sociology at both gcse and a-level (although it was a while ago).
I found that a-level was more in depth than gcse. Some topics were the same as gcse, and some topics were completely new.
I found both gcse and a-level interesting.
If you did it at a-level would you have the same teacher or possibly a different one?
What are you thinking of doing after a-levels?
I'd have the same teacher. and honestly I haven't a clue what I'd do after alevels, probably uni but not sure what course
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'd have the same teacher. and honestly I haven't a clue what I'd do after alevels, probably uni but not sure what course
I found it my easiest subject, but that obviously gonna be different for different people.
Id look into the specification to see if you think you would like it or not.
annonnymous16
Rep:
alright, thank you. I find it easy too, but that's part of the problem, I like the challenge of something like maths, so sociology just gets repetitive
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
alright, thank you. I find it easy too, but that's part of the problem, I like the challenge of something like maths, so sociology just gets repetitive
It may be worth having that as an easy subject alongside 2 harder/more challenging subjects.
annonnymous16
Rep:
that sounds a smart plan. thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (138)
43.81%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.14%
No (123)
39.05%

Watched Threads