Are letters from UCAS marked?

Watch this thread
twitchyxmh
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
My family does not approve of the fact that I'm applying for University - if I receive letters from UCAS, woud they come in a plain envelope or have the UCAS logo on them? If they would have the logo, is there any way at all to avoid getting letters in the first place? Thank you
HaruhiSuoh
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by twitchyxmh)
My family does not approve of the fact that I'm applying for University - if I receive letters from UCAS, woud they come in a plain envelope or have the UCAS logo on them? If they would have the logo, is there any way at all to avoid getting letters in the first place? Thank you
You can opt out of receiving post and say you just want to receive emails, but I don’t know how to do that. I think it’s done when you first make an account. Usually the letters they send are advertisements for university open days and such.
Indililam1
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by twitchyxmh)
I'm sure when you submit your application to UCAS they'll ask you how you want to be contacted (e.g. by post or email) and you can opt out, but I'm not 100% sure. I've never had anything through the post that's had their logo on or anything like that.

I find it quite sad that your family do not support your decision. I hope you have a good support network around you.
wolves2003
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I've never received any letters from ucas themselves, but I have from some of the unis I applied to after getting an offer, and they were marked with the unis logo. UCAS does sometimes like to send out a free razor / sanitary products, and I'm pretty sure the packaging for that has their logo on, and I did once receive an advert for some random uni that was from ucas, but you can choose to opt out of like postal marketing so that shouldn't be an issue.
Last edited by wolves2003; 3 months ago
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
At some point you are going to have to tell them
It might be easier to have those conversations now.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
You can always list a friend as your correspondence address for mail.

While ucas might not brand their letters universities will and often will send promotional postcards and similar.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (72)
41.86%
The paper was reasonable (79)
45.93%
Not feeling great about that exam... (12)
6.98%
It was TERRIBLE (9)
5.23%

Watched Threads