Kei Maesa
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
im applying with A*AB for law at Cardiff, Lancaster, York, Leicester, Royal Holloway - is it risky, wld choosing a diff uni w lower grade req for backup be more suitable? Or does any1 know any other RG unis willing to accept A*AB w no LNAT?
LawStudent456
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
What’s risky about your choices? You’re likely get an offer from all 5.

Liverpool will give you an offer with those predicted, Newcastle, Sheffield and Southampton may also give you an offer.

Have you checked if you’re eligible for a contextual offer?

If there’s a non-LNAT RG uni that you want to go to but are put of by their A*AA grade requirements, there is nothing wrong with having an aspirational choice.
Unfortunately for you popular unis in big cities, such as leeds, Manchester and Birmingham have upped their offers to A*AA this year because of grade inflation, but if you want to apply to one of them you can. I’m thinking because they are much better places to be as a student then Leicester and Lancaster.
Kei Maesa
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by LawStudent456)
What’s risky about your choices? You’re likely get an offer from all 5.

Liverpool will give you an offer with those predicted, Newcastle, Sheffield and Southampton may also give you an offer.

Have you checked if you’re eligible for a contextual offer?

If there’s a non-LNAT RG uni that you want to go to but are put of by their A*AA grade requirements, there is nothing wrong with having an aspirational choice.
Unfortunately for you popular unis in big cities, such as leeds, Manchester and Birmingham have upped their offers to A*AA this year because of grade inflation, but if you want to apply to one of them you can. I’m thinking because they are much better places to be as a student then Leicester and Lancaster.
hi thanks a lot for ur response. it is unlikely that I am eligible for contextual offers thus y im trying to be extra safe w my choices haha. I was considering Liverpool and some of the other unis you've mentioned but I saw their reqs were AAA and although it has equivalent tariff points to A*AB im not sure if those unis would see it that way?
LawStudent456
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Kei Maesa)
hi thanks a lot for ur response. it is unlikely that I am eligible for contextual offers thus y im trying to be extra safe w my choices haha. I was considering Liverpool and some of the other unis you've mentioned but I saw their reqs were AAA and although it has equivalent tariff points to A*AB im not sure if those unis would see it that way?
They may not, but the 4 unis I mentioned at AAA are not aspirational at all and I would say it is still likely you’d get an offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads