Sander Ranson
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
To what extent would it be possible to complete my first year at swansea, to then transfer to ideally newcastle but would also accept notts, manchester, leeds etc. By using my first year as a foundation year of sorts as id be applying to begin again in year one, as i feel this would help me get in as i only got BBC at A-levels. Does this idea make sense and is it possible. Dont really know how to get my proposal accross through ucas, as i want to emphasise how well ive been doing grade wise at swansea
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sander Ranson)
To what extent would it be possible to complete my first year at swansea, to then transfer to ideally newcastle but would also accept notts, manchester, leeds etc. By using my first year as a foundation year of sorts as id be applying to begin again in year one, as i feel this would help me get in as i only got BBC at A-levels. Does this idea make sense and is it possible. Dont really know how to get my proposal accross through ucas, as i want to emphasise how well ive been doing grade wise at swansea
See the Transfer info thread at the top of this forum.

If you plan on doing this - phone Unis on Monday to find out their attitude to this before you apply.
Many Unis are over-full from the inflated A level grades last year and wont have any spare second year places going forward.
Sander Ranson
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
See the Transfer info thread at the top of this forum.

If you plan on doing this - phone Unis on Monday to find out their attitude to this before you apply.
Many Unis are over-full from the inflated A level grades last year and wont have any spare second year places going forward.
The entire point is that im not looking for a second year space, im looking for a first year space, as i think it would boost my chances of getting in if i arrived at the new uni having done first year already. (essentially my first year at swansea functions as a foundation year)
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Good Unis are usualy not interested in 1st year grades at a weaker Uni as a substitute for weak A levels.

Retake your A levels. Then apply to a Uni you actually want to go to.
Or just go to Swansea.
Sander Ranson
Rep:
Good Unis are usualy not interested in 1st year grades at a weaker Uni as a substitute for weak A levels.

Or just go to Swansea.
hoping to use the idea of it being a substitute for a foundation year as id be entering year 1. furthermore swansea higher in some rankings than newcastle but unsure how much those mean.
Last edited by Sander Ranson; 3 months ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
hoping to use the idea of it being a substitute for a foundation year as id be entering year 1. furthermore swansea higher in some rankings than newcastle but unsure how much those mean.
Just ring the universities you’re interested in on Monday. Explain your A level grades and current course and ask if they’ll consider you for year 1 entry.
Sander Ranson
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago

Or just go to Swansea.
2 offers from RG unis ☺︎
econhelp525
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
2 offers from RG unis ☺︎
Congratulations! Where and for what?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (56)
18.79%
The paper was reasonable (111)
37.25%
Not feeling great about that exam... (86)
28.86%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
15.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed