A level Physics

Watch this thread
_ellielouise
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have no idea what course i would like to do in university…but potentially thinking about doing astrophysics, however i do not do A level maths. I only do A level: chemistry, biology and physics. However in a level physics i am finding the maths pretty easy so far.

Does anyone know any universities that would accept me without doing a level maths?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by _ellielouise)
I have no idea what course i would like to do in university…but potentially thinking about doing astrophysics, however i do not do A level maths. I only do A level: chemistry, biology and physics. However in a level physics i am finding the maths pretty easy so far.

Does anyone know any universities that would accept me without doing a level maths?
No, you 100% need to do maths for anything physics-based at university, and preferable FM too.

Could you pick A level maths up now with the support of a tutor or your college? It's still do-able, albeit a fair amount of work.
CletusPotter
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Or she might be able to do A Level Maths in a year after finishing her A Levels depending on which college she's at and if she'll qualify for funding.
_ellielouise
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
No, you 100% need to do maths for anything physics-based at university, and preferable FM too.

Could you pick A level maths up now with the support of a tutor or your college? It's still do-able, albeit a fair amount of work.
unfortunately not, i can’t stand a level maths, i got 7 at gcse maths. I was good but not amazing at the subject. It’s fine, i guess i’ll have to keep looking for courses thanks for your reply.
_ellielouise
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)

i’m not desperate to do physics in a level, was just considering . but cause i do all three sciences i do have quite a few options to choose from which is good ahah
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

You could look at a degree with a Foundation year - there's a lot of maths in Astrophysics though so would you really enjoy it?
_ellielouise
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
You could look at a degree with a Foundation year - there's a lot of maths in Astrophysics though so would you really enjoy it?
yes that is true, just i have NO IDEA what to do
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
yes that is true, just i have NO IDEA what to do
https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/a-leve.../physics?o=012

Any of these unexpected matches to your A levels appeal?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (225)
42.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.16%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.73%

Watched Threads