Would these A-levels allow me to do these degrees?

Watch this thread
Usernamesaredum
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
French, physics and maths
I want to do either engineering, computer science, psychology, economics or law
Last edited by Usernamesaredum; 3 months ago
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
engineering definitely
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yes they're fine for all of them generally. A couple of economics, CS, or engineering courses may prefer or require A-level Further Maths if your school offers it, but for the vast majority of courses don't.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
No specific subjects needed for Law.
Psychology usually only requires one science/maths subject.
_Jonneh_
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
You could do any of those degrees with those A level subjects. Economics usually requires just maths, engineering requires maths and/or physics, computer science requires maths and potentially another science, law doesn't usually have any specific requirements as long as you do an essay subject and psychology usually requires one or two maths/science subjects, so in short you're fine!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Usernamesaredum)
https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/a-leve.../physics?o=012

Gives best matches, close matches and unexpected matches on the diffferent tabs

They look fine for those - if you have a specific uni in mind then it'd be worth checking their requirements.
Usernamesaredum
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by _Jonneh_)
You could do any of those degrees with those A level subjects. Economics usually requires just maths, engineering requires maths and/or physics, computer science requires maths and potentially another science, law doesn't usually have any specific requirements as long as you do an essay subject and psychology usually requires one or two maths/science subjects, so in short you're fine!
Are there any BEng courses that accept maths, compsci and politics?
_Jonneh_
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Are there any BEng courses that accept maths, compsci and politics?
I honestly don't know but it really depends on what type of engineering you want to do, however I'd assume most of them would ask for Maths + one other science subject. It's important to do the research yourself though
aliaa03
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
wow that's quite a range of diff career options 😂 in year 12 I was deciding between vet med or journalism so im in no position to talk !!! they all sound good to me !! especially taking maths as it's a very versatile subject. If there are any universities/ courses you're particularly interested in, I'd check the entry requirements on their website as some can be particular with what they want, e.g. top engineering courses may ask for Further maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (122)
41.78%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.49%
No (116)
39.73%

Watched Threads