People asking you to like their posts on social media

Watch this thread
username3093342
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Does anyone else get fed up with this?

Every time someone changes their Facebook picture or uploads a pic to Instagram, very often they put up a Snapchat story saying “Facebook/ Insta recent”

I think it’s quite needy and attention seeking, what do you all think?

One of my friends actually messages me sometimes and asks me to like her posts if I haven’t already - I sometimes feel like deliberately not liking it in badness!
marchag
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I agree with you that it seems needy and attention seeking. I'll like a post if I 'like' it not because someone asks me to like it!
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It's pretty sad. It's like demanding someone claps or cheer for you and would quickly sour many friendships.
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
i get it but it annoys me. ive actually never liked any of the posts when asked
Last edited by Obolinda; 3 months ago
ROTL94 2
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
On Facebook, when I was on it anyway, I used to just respond sarcastically with the 'care' react, if that's still a thing, just do that.
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Apple2017)
One of my friends actually messages me sometimes and asks me to like her posts if I haven’t already - I sometimes feel like deliberately not liking it in badness!
yeh ive been asked this :rolleyes:
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I don't mind if there's a reason - for instance a friend recently asked me if I'd mind interacting with her daughter's FB account - daughter is trying to get sponsorship for international level sport in a sport with very little funding, and sponsors are more likely to look at her if her accounts are seen to be getting more attention. I went off and had a look and liked some of her pictures.

The ones I really can't stand are the virtue signalling type "I bet most of my friends won't repost this" things. You're dead right, I won't.
Chronoscope
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I never like their posts if someone asks me that (especially moreso if they haven,'t contacted me in ages). It just tells me their insecure/attention seeking.
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
not that i think there's anything inherently wrong w wanting/seeking attention
Angel in the sky
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Would only like something if I make the decision and not told too
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Absolutely ignore. I will make my own judgement, always have :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads