I can't revise consistently

Watch this thread
Bakugo27
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm in Year 13 . Mocks are in 4 weeks and i always fail my exams. I can never revise consistently and always disappoint myself. i lack motivation to do anything
EternalKnight_02
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Use Seneca, it's really good for revision and has great incentives.
Bakugo27
Rep:
(Original post by EternalKnight_02)
Use Seneca, it's really good for revision and has great incentives.
thanks i'll try
succubus666
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
if your mocks are in 4 weeks i think thats enough time to prepare and plan now!
make a revision timetable and space out your subjects and STICK TO IT! in order to be consistent, if you have trouble doing that give yourself 10 minute breaks in between revision sessions by rewarding yourself with something nice
i think this is great time to implement spaced repetiton and active recall, so what i mean by this is, revise a topic using active recall one day then cover it again the next day then in a few days then next week and so on. this will help improve your memory and strengthen those neural connections!
make sure you pay attention to areas you find hard by printing off the specification and going through which topics youre most weaker on and focusing on them a bit more and of course utilise practice papers and make sure you do plenty and dont forget to look at the mark scheme after youre done to see what areas you need to improve on
hope this helps also what subjects are you doing?
Last edited by succubus666; 3 months ago
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Advice
https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/top-tips-revision
https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/revision-techniques
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/s...-skills-guides
Bakugo27
Rep:
(Original post by succubus666)
if your mocks are in 4 weeks i think thats enough time to prepare and plan now!
make a revision timetable and space out your subjects and STICK TO IT! in order to be consistent, if you have trouble doing that give yourself 10 minute breaks in between revision sessions by rewarding yourself with something nice
i think this is great time to implement spaced repetiton and active recall, so what i mean by this is, revise a topic using active recall one day then cover it again the next day then in a few days then next week and so on. this will help improve your memory and strengthen those neural connections!
make sure you pay attention to areas you find hard by printing off the specification and going through which topics youre most weaker on and focusing on them a bit more and of course utilise practice papers and make sure you do plenty and dont forget to look at the mark scheme after youre done to see what areas you need to improve on
hope this helps also what subjects are you doing?
I'm doing biology, chemistry and physics
username0606
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Bakugo27)
I'm doing biology, chemistry and physics
yoo do you have any tips for gcse
Arimoonlight
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm in Year 13 . Mocks are in 4 weeks and i always fail my exams. I can never revise consistently and always disappoint myself. i lack motivation to do anything
Spaced revision is definitely the key! If you're really struggling for motivation then classical condition yourself to enjoy it! for example, reward yourself with something you wouldn't usually do but really enjoy! But most importantly, do not give yourself the reward until you've completed the revision that you've told yourself. Another thing i would recommend is making sure you have a specified revision space which you do not do other activities at (e.g., don't revise in your bed because you have learnt associate your bed with sleep OR you will condition yourself to be stressed in your bed). If you're like me and can't do anything in silence, listen to some lofi music on youtube! It's really helpful!

Another great thing if you're really struggling for motivation is to join the study with me live streams on TikTok! I find these super helpful!

In terms of actually revising, I recommend using quizlet (you can find pre-made sets by other people if you feel it's too late to make you're own!

Trust me, you have time and you have got this!
t0897
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I have the same issue but did my mocks for the past 2 weeks
Starting is the hardest
So first don't overwhelm yourself thinking about the future and how much work u have to revise
just focus on what u can do now
Like split your day up into revising 2 subjects e.g. 1hr and 30 mins each with breaks in between
Focus on the hardest topics yk u don't remember anything in
Bakugo27
Rep:
(Original post by t0897)
I have the same issue but did my mocks for the past 2 weeks
Starting is the hardest
So first don't overwhelm yourself thinking about the future and how much work u have to revise
just focus on what u can do now
Like split your day up into revising 2 subjects e.g. 1hr and 30 mins each with breaks in between
Focus on the hardest topics yk u don't remember anything in
thanks
Bakugo27
Rep:
(Original post by username0606)
yoo do you have any tips for gcse
keep on top of what you do in class as you go along
do Past paper questions frequently - you'll find a pattern for answering questions in the markscheme
Bakugo27
Rep:
(Original post by Arimoonlight)
Spaced revision is definitely the key! If you're really struggling for motivation then classical condition yourself to enjoy it! for example, reward yourself with something you wouldn't usually do but really enjoy! But most importantly, do not give yourself the reward until you've completed the revision that you've told yourself. Another thing i would recommend is making sure you have a specified revision space which you do not do other activities at (e.g., don't revise in your bed because you have learnt associate your bed with sleep OR you will condition yourself to be stressed in your bed). If you're like me and can't do anything in silence, listen to some lofi music on youtube! It's really helpful!

Another great thing if you're really struggling for motivation is to join the study with me live streams on TikTok! I find these super helpful!

In terms of actually revising, I recommend using quizlet (you can find pre-made sets by other people if you feel it's too late to make you're own!

Trust me, you have time and you have got this!
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (130)
42.76%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.76%
No (120)
39.47%

Watched Threads