Work experience in Mental health area? Watch

This discussion is closed.
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I'm a uni student and I want to get work experience in the Mental Health area. Is there any specific company e.g. Connections helps with education, that can sort work experience and volunteer work for you?

Love BlueAngel xxx
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Come to where I live, there are plenty of nutters here.
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Come to where I live, there are plenty of nutters here.
You might have problems getting w/e in this area as it involves working with 'vunerable adults' or with children. You will almost certainly need an enhanced CRB check before anyone will consider offering you w/e. I would get a disclosure and then write to your local Mental Health Trust.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fluffy)
You might have problems getting w/e in this area as it involves working with 'vunerable adults' or with children. You will almost certainly need an enhanced CRB check before anyone will consider offering you w/e. I would get a disclosure and then write to your local Mental Health Trust.
Ok I found the following in my unis work experience site.Do you think they will accept me, cos I will be close in contact with these severe mental illness people?

Manchester Mental Health & Social Care Trust

We are a community mental health team who help support and rehabilitate people suffering from both acute and enduring severe mental illness.

We need volunteers from a range of disciplines who can run joint education\leisure sessions with a support worker from our Team for small groups of people with severe mental illness who cannot access education or leisure, e.g. literacy, art, craft, photography, etc. If you have any special skills or interests.
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you get a CRB chesk I would have thought so. Many health care places will pay for your CRB for you, and if it's a charity CRB checks are usually free.

I would contact them and see how they should like you to proceed.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fluffy)
If you get a CRB chesk I would have thought so. Many health care places will pay for your CRB for you, and if it's a charity CRB checks are usually free.

I would contact them and see how they should like you to proceed.
ah right, thanks.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads