Dealing with being alone

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’m just really tired of being lonely. I literally have no one I see people at my uni have some friends and for some reason I never fit it. All started in Year 7 in high school made friends but treated me bad for rid of me and until the end of highschool I never made a friend or really talked to anyone. I got another chance in sixth form and made friends but failed due to poor social skills which only lasted a few months and they got rid of me again. For the last 4 years since leaving sixth form I haven’t had anyone to talk to tried hobbies playing guitar, sports but nothing came from anything. It’s really affecting my life I don’t know why but I can’t seem to get on with it, not enjoying uni or doing good at it. I know people can’t really help with this issue but how do I get over it and try to get on with my life as I hate everything and the moment and it isn’t enjoyable. Life’s just really cruel to me I have the worst luck but my main issue revolves around this I see many people have a friend and this time through my 20s should be the time for enjoyment but the last 4 years I’ve been alone and am really tired of it - don’t know what else to do
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling like this, have you been able to reach out to any counselling services available to you? This would probably be the best way to address these feelings and help you move forward. The mental health charity Mind.org might be a good place to start, they have helplines where you could discuss your options for help. It's great that you've tried to do hobbies and is there any chance you want to keep doing these? Playing musical instruments and playing sports are great ways to feel better mentally and physically. Reaching out for help is a good first step.

-Daisy (Final year Lancaster Uni Student Ambassador)
Coldhands0
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m just really tired of being lonely. I literally have no one I see people at my uni have some friends and for some reason I never fit it. All started in Year 7 in high school made friends but treated me bad for rid of me and until the end of highschool I never made a friend or really talked to anyone. I got another chance in sixth form and made friends but failed due to poor social skills which only lasted a few months and they got rid of me again. For the last 4 years since leaving sixth form I haven’t had anyone to talk to tried hobbies playing guitar, sports but nothing came from anything. It’s really affecting my life I don’t know why but I can’t seem to get on with it, not enjoying uni or doing good at it. I know people can’t really help with this issue but how do I get over it and try to get on with my life as I hate everything and the moment and it isn’t enjoyable. Life’s just really cruel to me I have the worst luck but my main issue revolves around this I see many people have a friend and this time through my 20s should be the time for enjoyment but the last 4 years I’ve been alone and am really tired of it - don’t know what else to do
Hey,i feel the same if u want we can chat,where u from
ran-dumb
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know that really sucks, and I'm probably not the right person to say anything. You said its been 4 years, so have you graduated?
bubalish247
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I am feeling exactly the same. I have had friendship problems throughout school (they seemed to stop in sixth form then started again at uni). And the people who I don't seem to fit with are my own house. Nobody seems to give a **** about me. Its really horrible. If im honest I don't know if I can suggest anything but I just want you to know you're not alone.There is nothing wrong with you though, its them. You will find your people soon. Uni is just a bit weird because its bunch of people who have either grown out of senior school nastiness or are still very much stuck in that mindset.You just seem to be one who's grown out of it and thats a good thing! You will be okay it just may take some time!
ran-dumb
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by bubalish247)
I am feeling exactly the same. I have had friendship problems throughout school (they seemed to stop in sixth form then started again at uni). And the people who I don't seem to fit with are my own house. Nobody seems to give a **** about me. Its really horrible. If im honest I don't know if I can suggest anything but I just want you to know you're not alone.There is nothing wrong with you though, its them. You will find your people soon. Uni is just a bit weird because its bunch of people who have either grown out of senior school nastiness or are still very much stuck in that mindset.You just seem to be one who's grown out of it and thats a good thing! You will be okay it just may take some time!
Yeah my flat is horrible and don't give a **** about me either. I'm stuck in my room every night hearing them rave on about going out. Now all I can do is move out alone now, it doesn't sound much fun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
18.55%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.48%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.45%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.74%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (32)
25.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.97%

Watched Threads