Uni stuff

Watch this thread
tcurtis04
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So, I’m kinda throwing this out into the open..! I’m off to uni this September, hopefully Edinburgh(!), and my Mum is taking me in the middle of Summer just so I can get a feel for it in case I get in(Also just a nice holiday out to see somewhere so historic and beautiful). I was wondering if anyone who knows the city, preferably students at the university, can give me tips and things to see whilst I’m there!

I’m gonna be 18 then too, so knowing where all the good and ESPECIALLY the bad pubs/clubs are would be appreciated!

Maths is what I wanna study too, so if anyone has insider’s details about the course too, that’d be pretty cool
Littleemma98
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by tcurtis04)
So, I’m kinda throwing this out into the open..! I’m off to uni this September, hopefully Edinburgh(!), and my Mum is taking me in the middle of Summer just so I can get a feel for it in case I get in(Also just a nice holiday out to see somewhere so historic and beautiful). I was wondering if anyone who knows the city, preferably students at the university, can give me tips and things to see whilst I’m there!

I’m gonna be 18 then too, so knowing where all the good and ESPECIALLY the bad pubs/clubs are would be appreciated!

Maths is what I wanna study too, so if anyone has insider’s details about the course too, that’d be pretty cool
Hi

You'll love Edinburgh as full of history, character and friendly.

For places to see as tourist - The Castle , Palace of Hollyrood House, Maybe go up the Walter Scott monument in Princess Street, if I to seeing plants then a visit to the Botanical Gardens in Inverleith area.
Arthur Seat is okay to do.
Walk through both East & West Princess Street Gardens is nice
You got museums & other places as well to visit.

Pubs - plenty in and around City Centre - Go along Rose Street ( first street of Princess Street as run length of it ), plenty pubs, clubs etc there.
Greenside Place - few pubs / restaurants ( down from princess street /Leith Street area)
You got some pubs up the North & South Bridges area.
Then head up to lothian Road as more pubs /clubs restaurants up in around this area upto Tollcross, there's a street called Bread Street ( just off lothian road - up from Usher Hall) thats has lot of pubs, clubs leading into the Grassmarket area ok.

I'm Edinburgh resident who attending Edinburgh Napier university.
Hope this helps you

And I hope you enjoy the hospitality that edinburgh will offer you as visitors and a potential student as well. Xx
ENUOfficial
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Littleemma98)
Hi

You'll love Edinburgh as full of history, character and friendly.

For places to see as tourist - The Castle , Palace of Hollyrood House, Maybe go up the Walter Scott monument in Princess Street, if I to seeing plants then a visit to the Botanical Gardens in Inverleith area.
Arthur Seat is okay to do.
Walk through both East & West Princess Street Gardens is nice
You got museums & other places as well to visit.

Pubs - plenty in and around City Centre - Go along Rose Street ( first street of Princess Street as run length of it ), plenty pubs, clubs etc there.
Greenside Place - few pubs / restaurants ( down from princess street /Leith Street area)
You got some pubs up the North & South Bridges area.
Then head up to lothian Road as more pubs /clubs restaurants up in around this area upto Tollcross, there's a street called Bread Street ( just off lothian road - up from Usher Hall) thats has lot of pubs, clubs leading into the Grassmarket area ok.

I'm Edinburgh resident who attending Edinburgh Napier university.
Hope this helps you

And I hope you enjoy the hospitality that edinburgh will offer you as visitors and a potential student as well. Xx
Heyy

Delighted to hear you have made the decision to study in Edinburgh, its a great student city with tons of things to do!

You were given loads of great suggestions above and can also include The Royal Mile to your list. It might be worthwhile downloading the Historic Scotland App and see what else would suit your plans while you're here this summer!

As for pubs and bars, you can also look at the Grassmarket and George street too!

Best of luck with your studies!

Steph @ ENU
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads