BSc OT admission interview

Watch this thread
YakB
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've my OT interview coming up in two weeks. Any ideas and experiences?
naanybready
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
nice where’s the interview? i’ve got one too and done some volunteering in elderly care etc, but the idea of an interview that makes or breaks the offer freaks me out lol. what have you applied for and where
YakB
Rep:
(Original post by husnaanbread)
nice where’s the interview? i’ve got one too and done some volunteering in elderly care etc, but the idea of an interview that makes or breaks the offer freaks me out lol. what have you applied for and where
I know the feeling but hey lets relax we will be fine. I've actually got 3 interviews for BSc Occupational therapy. coming up in Coventry Uni, Univ of Worcester and Univ of Wolverhampton. i was wondering if someone has done interview recently in these schs and willing to share his experience.
naanybready
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by YakB)
I know the feeling but hey lets relax we will be fine. I've actually got 3 interviews for BSc Occupational therapy. coming up in Coventry Uni, Univ of Worcester and Univ of Wolverhampton. i was wondering if someone has done interview recently in these schs and willing to share his experience.
oh right when are ur interviews? i have one on thursday that i can give some advice on. i hope it goes well cos i took a gap year too. ive applied at huddersfield, liverpool and bradford so just praying to God for the best
YakB
Rep:
(Original post by husnaanbread)
oh right when are ur interviews? i have one on thursday that i can give some advice on. i hope it goes well cos i took a gap year too. ive applied at huddersfield, liverpool and bradford so just praying to God for the best
Great! i hope it goes on well for you. Goodluck! Mine is on 1st, 3rd and 11th Feb.
delilahdeniz
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
i have a interview for OT on the 14th for bradford and leeds and hudersfield too im soo anxious.Good luck and keep us posted after yours.
YakB
Rep:
(Original post by delilahdeniz)
i have a interview for OT on the 14th for bradford and leeds and hudersfield too im soo anxious.Good luck and keep us posted after yours.
Just to inform you my interview went very well today and so please with that. I have been informed that I am successful in the interview. I hope yours will also go well for you. I still have two to go.
RTay83
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I'd be interested to hear about your interview experience for OT at Leeds. I have mine next week (only found out today!) and feeling rather nervous about it.
ZA753
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by YakB)
Just to inform you my interview went very well today and so please with that. I have been informed that I am successful in the interview. I hope yours will also go well for you. I still have two to go.
Well done! I have an interview for bradford for occupational therapy. Any advice for interviews on how to prepare?
delilahdeniz
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZA753)
Well done! I have an interview for bradford for occupational therapy. Any advice for interviews on how to prepare?
hi, I had my interview about a few weeks ago and it's quite simple they just ask you why occupational therapy? and scenario questions about what would you do but they did mention that they were looking for someone who is keen to learn and is passionate about the course rather than the correct answer so you can get some questions wrong. (: p.s. I got a cnditional offer!!!
Last edited by delilahdeniz; 1 month ago
ZA753
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hi, I had my interview about a few weeks ago and it's quite simple they just ask you why occupational therapy? and scenario questions about what would you do but they did mention that they were looking for someone who is keen to learn and is passionate about the course rather than the correct answer so you can get some questions wrong. (: p.s. I got a cnditional offer!!!
Well done!! Fingers crossed! Hope to see you there!
ZA753
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by naanybready)
Hi how was your interviews?
ZA753
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey! Can you give me advice on interview for Bradford??
naanybready
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
hey fortunately they went well. nothing daunting at all!! i’d say just be very aware about what OT is and what a career in OT would look like. also if you’re passionate about OT then really let it show, they look for candidates that are keen about OT so just make sure that that is you! i got all conditional offers and deciding between huddersfield and liverpool as my firm. have you applied elsewhere?
ZA753
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
hey fortunately they went well. nothing daunting at all!! i’d say just be very aware about what OT is and what a career in OT would look like. also if you’re passionate about OT then really let it show, they look for candidates that are keen about OT so just make sure that that is you! i got all conditional offers and deciding between huddersfield and liverpool as my firm. have you applied elsewhere?
Hey! I’ve just had my interview for bradford today and got an unconditional offer! I have applied to Huddersfield aswell not heard anything yet. I am applying through ucas extra that’s why 😂
naanybready
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ZA753)
Hey! I’ve just had my interview for bradford today and got an unconditional offer! I have applied to Huddersfield aswell not heard anything yet. I am applying through ucas extra that’s why 😂
oh haha definitely they’ll take some time. maybe try calling/chasing it up but that’s great you got an unconditional from bradford! have you already got a level grades or are you sitting exams this year? and which from the two are you wanting to go to more?
ZA753
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
oh haha definitely they’ll take some time. maybe try calling/chasing it up but that’s great you got an unconditional from bradford! have you already got a level grades or are you sitting exams this year? and which from the two are you wanting to go to more?
I took a gap year because I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to do! And bradford university said they really appreciated that I did that. And I only applied to these 2 universities. What about you??
naanybready
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
haha sounds like we're in the same boat! i also took a gap year as i was unsure if i wanted to do speech and language therapy, physiotherapy or occupational therapy. i came to the choice of the latter. i applied at huddersfield, liverpool and bradford. debating between hudds and liv but probably will go to hudds to save accommodation costs. which from the two is your preference?
ZA753
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
haha sounds like we're in the same boat! i also took a gap year as i was unsure if i wanted to do speech and language therapy, physiotherapy or occupational therapy. i came to the choice of the latter. i applied at huddersfield, liverpool and bradford. debating between hudds and liv but probably will go to hudds to save accommodation costs. which from the two is your preference?
As I applied after the deadline I only wanted to go to 2 uni tbh. I’ve applied to bradford and Huddersfield. Got an offer at bradford but I completely understand what you mean when you say save costs. Even though bradford isn’t far I’d rather go Huddersfield. But I’m happy to go Bradford too!

Are you from Huddersfield?
naanybready
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
no im not far from huddersfield though hbu? yeah hudds just would be much better. have you had an interview for it yet? oh right applying after the deadline can cause delays in responses so its amazing you got bradford. is it unconditional?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (140)
43.34%
Not yet, but I will soon (56)
17.34%
No (127)
39.32%

Watched Threads