photography personal investigation

Watch this thread
Dwoof
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
in the last week-ish, my a-level photography class has been given our next project which is a year-long personal investigation on a topic of our own choice. my entire class already have their topics and are starting their work and investigations and seem to have their sht together and I have nothing. I'm so indecisive and cant come up with any topics or directions I want to go with and I've asked both of my subject teachers and gotten no help. i have deadlines quickly approaching for the initial research into my topic and a photoshoot that should be completed for monday and have made no progress and keep getting notifications from my teacher leaving comments on my slides asking for my work which is making me stress even more. I did look into like 'journeys' and mixing video games into reality but I'm a really boring person and so my opportunities for photoshoots would be really limited and the more I work on it, the more I hate it. everyone keeps telling me to pick a boring topic like 'the sky' or 'animals' and i mean yeah its probably an easy way out but i would get trash marks for it and i don't want to spend a year doing something I'm going to hate?? any suggestions??
username5050312
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Childhood memorabilia.
Dwoof
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by cleveranimal56)
Childhood memorabilia.
i did think about this but i spent a year doing it for my art project last year and it kind of sucked :/
username5050312
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Something more abstract like symbolism or emotion?
IDK.345
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Dwoof)
in the last week-ish, my a-level photography class has been given our next project which is a year-long personal investigation on a topic of our own choice. my entire class already have their topics and are starting their work and investigations and seem to have their sht together and I have nothing. I'm so indecisive and cant come up with any topics or directions I want to go with and I've asked both of my subject teachers and gotten no help. i have deadlines quickly approaching for the initial research into my topic and a photoshoot that should be completed for monday and have made no progress and keep getting notifications from my teacher leaving comments on my slides asking for my work which is making me stress even more. I did look into like 'journeys' and mixing video games into reality but I'm a really boring person and so my opportunities for photoshoots would be really limited and the more I work on it, the more I hate it. everyone keeps telling me to pick a boring topic like 'the sky' or 'animals' and i mean yeah its probably an easy way out but i would get trash marks for it and i don't want to spend a year doing something I'm going to hate?? any suggestions??
If you're stuck for a theme, have a look at GCSE and A level Art themes from previous years, some of them include: Addiction, Distortion, Concealment, Time and Movement, Being etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (138)
43.81%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.14%
No (123)
39.05%

Watched Threads