Star2121
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi
I have failed 4 assignments in total and now I am being dismissed from the nursing programme. My personal tutor has told me I can ask to re take the year due to extenuating circumstances. I have been going through a lot with family and my grandma has now became bedbound. Before I failed they asked me if I wanted to take an interruption but I refused because I was near the end of year 2. If someone had been in this position before please let me know. Or any advice would be appreciated 🙂
Mr.raw
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Star2121)
Hi
I have failed 4 assignments in total and now I am being dismissed from the nursing programme. My personal tutor has told me I can ask to re take the year due to extenuating circumstances. I have been going through a lot with family and my grandma has now became bedbound. Before I failed they asked me if I wanted to take an interruption but I refused because I was near the end of year 2. If someone had been in this position before please let me know. Or any advice would be appreciated 🙂
I would take the advice given and use the method of extenuating circumstances. Most universities have a system like this in-place. Talk about how circumstances around you that greatly impacted your ability to study.
Sometimes you can resit a module but it would be capped at 40% even if you got 98%.

Speak to student support to offload and as a tool to support your claim for extenuating circumstances.
Good luck and I am sure you will be fine.
Star2121
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi
Thank you for your response. I am going down the route of extenuating circumstances however I cannot resit the module as it two different modules I have failed so equating to 4 times in total. I am very worried and I keep being sick as I have nothing to fall back on really. I have had a lot go on in my life but I am ready to make changes. They have advised me to still submit outstanding assignments I have left.
Thank you for your honest advice x
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi
Hi
Emily_B
Take advise from university as that's best option to you under the circumstances as at least you'll get another chance of passing your second year nursing rather than not getting it.

Obviously you'll get this other opportunity in passing but also remember if you fail it again you'll be dismissed.
Repeating your second year isn't end of things as you'll know what to expect from this with already doing it.

I'm a NHS registered midwife and you'll not been only person who is in this situation as yourself
Star2121
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Hi
Emily_B
Take advise from university as that's best option to you under the circumstances as at least you'll get another chance of passing your second year nursing rather than not getting it.

Obviously you'll get this other opportunity in passing but also remember if you fail it again you'll be dismissed.
Repeating your second year isn't end of things as you'll know what to expect from this with already doing it.

I'm a NHS registered midwife and you'll not been only person who is in this situation as yourself
Hi Tracey
Thank you for your response. Well I don’t know if they wlll grant exceptional circumstances but I can apply as I have had a lot going on however things have recently calmed down.
Thank you for your advice x
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi Tracey
Thank you for your response. Well I don’t know if they wlll grant exceptional circumstances but I can apply as I have had a lot going on however things have recently calmed down.
Thank you for your advice x
Hi

You are most welcome with reply.

You won't know untill you actually apply what will happen as hopefully they will take in consideration of exceptional circumstances ok.
Don't give up untill you obviously can't take it any further.
You'll have to be very committed if given this opportunity of another chance as you will know by now you won't get another one.

Try and keep things calmed down and hopefully you'll get through this situation with offer of redoing your second year nursing and go on and qualify.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.14%
It went fairly well (237)
47.31%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.97%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed