Would they get student finance?

Watch this thread
mason._
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
My girlfriend is thinking of going back to university for a different course next year but she had already done 3 years previously. I know that SFE usually funds 4 years. Would SFE fund her first year and then she have to pay for the others or would she have to pay for the full course?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by mason._)
My girlfriend is thinking of going back to university for a different course next year but she had already done 3 years previously. I know that SFE usually funds 4 years. Would SFE fund her first year and then she have to pay for the others or would she have to pay for the full course?
The previous study rules are based on the length of the new course (assuming she wasn’t awarded a degree).

However it essentially boils down to the fact that if she has 3 years of previous study then year 1 and year 2 of any new course would not be funded. Unfunded means no tuition fee loan for those years of the course. A living costs loan is available for all years.

Unfunded years always come at the start of a new course.

This could all be different if she is choosing an exempt subject for her new degree course. Or if she chooses to study part time instead of full time.
mason._
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
The previous study rules are based on the length of the new course (assuming she wasn’t awarded a degree).

However it essentially boils down to the fact that if she has 3 years of previous study then year 1 and year 2 of any new course would not be funded. Unfunded means no tuition fee loan for those years of the course. A living costs loan is available for all years.

Unfunded years always come at the start of a new course.

This could all be different if she is choosing an exempt subject for her new degree course. Or if she chooses to study part time instead of full time.
Thanks for this, i dont think there enough information on this topic so I appreciate the thorough explanation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads