How can a student like this do phd ?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
One of my peers is the rudest person I ve come across.
He is racist, he doesn't talk to us yet talks to all his white friends.
He does not even study properly and every evening, goes out to get drunk, hits on different girls at bars and texts the entire day with numerous girls and friends. He even works at a bar, handing out numbers and flirting with women.

One of my female friends who is Asian (South) was fetished by him since he likes "brown skin" and he told her that during a date (which was simply a thirst trap for her to get sex but she didn't fall for his trap so got ghosted).

Meanwhile, most of us work incredibly hard and thought he was a shy , quiet guy with very mature outlook.

How are such people even doing phds?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Rude people that have creepy fetishes, an enthusiasm for getting drunk with their friends & going to clubs looking for ons also often manage to pass enough academic assignments and exams with high marks to be accepted for a PhD.
Guys and girls.
You seem to resent the fact that he doesn't talk to you and works at a bar rather than being glad that you can mostly keep your distance from both him and his place of work.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
One of my peers is the rudest person I ve come across.
He is racist, he doesn't talk to us yet talks to all his white friends.
He does not even study properly and every evening, goes out to get drunk, hits on different girls at bars and texts the entire day with numerous girls and friends. He even works at a bar, handing out numbers and flirting with women.

One of my female friends who is Asian (South) was fetished by him since he likes "brown skin" and he told her that during a date (which was simply a thirst trap for her to get sex but she didn't fall for his trap so got ghosted).

Meanwhile, most of us work incredibly hard and thought he was a shy , quiet guy with very mature outlook.

How are such people even doing phds?
Your question doesn't seem be related to your background story? What does any of your ad hominem about this man have anything to do with why he is able to do a Ph.D?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.9%
The paper was reasonable (190)
48.72%
Not feeling great about that exam... (99)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed