Back to the drawing board. Please rate this dress

Watch this thread
Fruli
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
https://www.axparis.com/products/nav...leg-midi-dress
ROTL94 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
2. Far too garish.
Fruli
Rep:
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
2. Far too garish.
It's actually not bright and shiny, even if the pictures make it appear so. The last square in the picture shows the pattern and material.
Last edited by Fruli; 3 months ago
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
You need to think about how it will look on your shoulders with the sleeves having that puffy bit at the top. Not everyone can pull that off!

Also, with that split, you've got to be very careful about getting out of cars/taxis and how you sit down. You don't want to be pulling it together all evening.
Fruli
Rep:
(Original post by Surnia)
You need to think about how it will look on your shoulders with the sleeves having that puffy bit at the top. Not everyone can pull that off!

Also, with that split, you've got to be very careful about getting out of cars/taxis and how you sit down. You don't want to be pulling it together all evening.
What type of shoulders do puffy sleeves suit?
Twinsmum1812
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Narrow ones, otherwise you end up looking like an American football player in drag
Fruli
Rep:
(Original post by Twinsmum1812)
Narrow ones, otherwise you end up looking like an American football player in drag
https://lookiero.co.uk/blog/how-wear...lloon-sleeves/

I've got an hourglass figure, so I wonder if this will work.
Twinsmum1812
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Doesn’t hurt to try!
TipTapp
Badges: 8
Report 3 months ago
The dress is nice, but I can't take my focus away from the model looking cross-eyed in the first picture :afraid:
Last edited by TipTapp; 3 months ago
Fruli
Rep:
(Original post by TipTapp)
The dress is nice, but I can't take my focus away from the model looking cross-eyed in the first picture :afraid:
Haha. I hadn’t even even noticed.
Surnia
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by TipTapp)
All the zelebs and influencers look boz-eyed when squinting into their phones; that is, when they aren't covering their faces with their device...
Surnia
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Twinsmum1812)
What a great description! And so true. :laugh:
Surnia
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Fruli)
https://lookiero.co.uk/blog/how-wear...lloon-sleeves/

I've got an hourglass figure, so I wonder if this will work.
But if they work for triangles and hourglasses, why do the photos in that article feature 3 straight up-and downs and 3 who look awful?
Fruli
Rep:
(Original post by Surnia)
But if they work for triangles and hourglasses, why do the photos in that article feature 3 straight up-and downs and 3 who look awful?
Good point.
Angel in the sky
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Looks good, just confidence needed
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
What is the event?
Fruli
Rep:
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
What is the event?
It’s a gala dinner.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Fruli)
It’s a gala dinner.
I don’t think either of those options are suitable for a gala dinner.

Look for something plain and simple. Pair it with a heavy necklace or earrings and heels.
Fruli
Rep:

Look for something plain and simple. Pair it with a heavy necklace or earrings and heels.
Either of the options? You mean the dress from the other thread?

Explain why this one isn’t suitable. Explanation helps. I’m not the most fashion or style conscious.
Last edited by Fruli; 3 months ago
Fruli
Rep:

What’s your explanation of why it’s not suitable for a gala dinner?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (129)
42.57%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.82%
No (120)
39.6%

Watched Threads