The Student Room Group

Grades good enough for LSE?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone who got an offer from LSE or knows a lot about it can tell me if realistically I could get accepted given my grades. I am in Year 12 and thinking of applying to Economics and Economic History at LSE next year.

My GCSEs:
Economics (9), Business (9), Spanish (9), Maths (8), English Language (8), English Literature (8), Geography (8), Further Maths (7), Biology (6), Chemistry (6), Physics (6).

(9 and 8 are equivalent to A*s, 7 is A and 6 is B)

For my A Levels I am doing Economics, Maths and Spanish and I am predicted A* in all three.
LSE requires further maths for an economics course?
Reply 2
Original post by cleveranimal56
LSE requires further maths for an economics course?

Not for their joint honours degree Economics and Economic History. Since it is a 50/50 split, the mathematical content is substantially reduced. For this course, only A Level Maths is a requirement and it is recommended you do at least one essay-based subject.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by econgirrrl
Not for their joint honours degree Economics and Economic History. Since it is a 50/50 split, the mathematical content is substantially reduced. For this course, only A Level Maths is a requirement and it is recommended you do at least one essay-based subject.

Right, well you have a chance if that's what you're asking. Maybe you might have some competition in terms of GCSEs, because LSE expects a lot of 8s/9s. But yes, if you have a good personal statement etc etc, you do have a chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending