Revision intensity for February year 13

Watch this thread
Str8Sika
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi there, I am a year 13 studying Maths, Physics and business.

I have just started revising for my mocks that start at the beginning of March and also for my final a level exam.
However I don’t know what intensity revise at. It is a common belief that in order to get A*s you need to revise from after school till late night. But I just revise from approx 4-9pm. Because of this I feel like I am not working hard enough as my exams are around the corner.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how hard you should be working at this stage of year 13?

Context:

Last mock I got ABB in maths, physics & business respectively
However as mocks are not an accurate representation of grades, I feel like I’m working to a point where if I was to sit the exams right now I would get BCD with the intensity I’m working at.

CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I would say it entirely depends on you. But I would also say efficiency is much better than intensity.

You could only revise for 2 hours a day and do better than the student who revises for 9 hours. Just revise smart, and hard.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 3 months ago
Str8Sika
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Ohh okay, thank you for the advice!
i2august
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I would say try to do a bit everyday and more on the weekends. You don't want to burn out! You definitely don't need to revise as soon as you get home to the early hours of the morning. If it helps you could make a plan/timetable to space out your work and the topics you need to recap. I used to make these all the time as I felt that it helped me stay on track and feel more organised.
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi! Just a message to say I've moved your thread to the Revision Tips forum Hope you find the help you need!

MP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed