harris westminster- should I go?

Watch this thread
Rosie.Edgar
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,

I did the entrance exams a last week for a place at harris westminster, but I've been looking into it a bit more since then, and I've seen some pretty bad stuff about the school, regarding mental health, horrible teachers, general toxicity, huge workload, homophobia + racism ect. I've seen some other forums on TSR but they are all from years ago. But ive also seen some tiktoks with the reoccurring message of 'don't come here'. please can somebody tell me the honest truth of what it's really like here, because i would love to go but now I'm really not sure.

Thank you
Raspberri
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Rosie.Edgar)
Hi,

I did the entrance exams a last week for a place at harris westminster, but I've been looking into it a bit more since then, and I've seen some pretty bad stuff about the school, regarding mental health, horrible teachers, general toxicity, huge workload, homophobia + racism ect. I've seen some other forums on TSR but they are all from years ago. But ive also seen some tiktoks with the reoccurring message of 'don't come here'. please can somebody tell me the honest truth of what it's really like here, because i would love to go but now I'm really not sure.

Thank you
helo i am currently in y12 at hwsf and i personally like it a lot !! the people are all really nice, and i enjoy my lessons ♪(^∇^*) i take maths, phys, geog, french and i don't think any of my teachers are horrible at all - my geography teachers are great~~ the workload is definitely a Lot though so if you are unable to handle it then i think try elsewhere. as for homophobia/racism??? i think that is a ridiculous statement lolol there are many clubs and societies, including ones for LGBTQ+ (i go to this one) and POC
Rosie.Edgar
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
ahhh tysm!!! I was really hoping that this was the case, I've been looking at hwsf for a while now and really wanted to go, but this all sort of threw me a bit, so this is great to hear. just hoping I get in now, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of GCSE grades do you really need to get in, from your own experience and other peoples? )
Raspberri
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Rosie.Edgar)
ahhh tysm!!! I was really hoping that this was the case, I've been looking at hwsf for a while now and really wanted to go, but this all sort of threw me a bit, so this is great to hear. just hoping I get in now, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of GCSE grades do you really need to get in, from your own experience and other peoples? )
the grade requirements are on their website - six 7s with 7s in your chosen subjects. i know that some people were able to *persuade* their way in even though they didn’t have the required grades so there is that i guess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (33)
67.35%
No (12)
24.49%
I didn't use it to prepare (4)
8.16%

Watched Threads