ollinewell
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi is Plymouth uni good or bad? How is it? I've got a foundation year offer fast track (3 years total) , is foundation year ok?
Thank you
ellllieee
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
i’m from plymouth but don’t go uni here. i know a lot of students that attend there and they’ve enjoyed most of it except from the covid era, with it being online.
ollinewell
Rep:
(Original post by ellllieee)
i’m from plymouth but don’t go uni here. i know a lot of students that attend there and they’ve enjoyed most of it except from the covid era, with it being online.
Hi thank you, do you know if it is still online?
ellllieee
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ollinewell)
Hi thank you, do you know if it is still online?
i don’t think it is, i’m not 100% sure tho
z-u-l-u
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm really really hoping to get into Plymouth uni. in my opinion it's a good university. If i don't get a place im even considering reapplying next year. have a look on the website, whatuni etc. and try to find out what you think of it compared to where else you've applied.
University of Plymouth Postgraduate Student Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi is Plymouth uni good or bad? How is it? I've got a foundation year offer fast track (3 years total) , is foundation year ok?
Thank you
Hi,

Congratulations on your offer! I came to Plymouth having only visited the university and the city once and I've found it to be a really good uni. I've been here for 4 years now so if you have any specific questions about the uni let me know. What course have you applied for?
I also know loads of people who have done a foundation year so I wouldn't worry too much about that!

Sophie- University of Plymouth postgrad rep
ollinewell
Rep:
(Original post by University of Plymouth Postgraduate Student Rep)
Hi,

Congratulations on your offer! I came to Plymouth having only visited the university and the city once and I've found it to be a really good uni. I've been here for 4 years now so if you have any specific questions about the uni let me know. What course have you applied for?
I also know loads of people who have done a foundation year so I wouldn't worry too much about that!

Sophie- University of Plymouth postgrad rep
Hi thank you, I have applied for Business Management Fast track with foundation so it would be similar time as a normal 3 year degree.
My predictions were above entry requirement for the normal course (without foundation) but I wanted to feel safe/secure with at least one really safe offer.
Do you know how accommodation would work with foundation year? Is it true that dorm rooms are available for year one only and does that include foundation?
Also do you know anyone who has done 2 year fast track? Is it very different?
Thank you so much
ellieroper
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi thank you, I have applied for Business Management Fast track with foundation so it would be similar time as a normal 3 year degree.
My predictions were above entry requirement for the normal course (without foundation) but I wanted to feel safe/secure with at least one really safe offer.
Do you know how accommodation would work with foundation year? Is it true that dorm rooms are available for year one only and does that include foundation?
Thank you so much
Hey! i’ve applied to that course and got accepted this morning but without the foundation year. it’s definitely where i want to go. do you have to do an interview?
ollinewell
Rep:
(Original post by ellieroper)
Hey! i’ve applied to that course and got accepted this morning but without the foundation year. it’s definitely where i want to go. do you have to do an interview?
Not that I'm aware of, do you?
Last edited by ollinewell; 3 months ago
ellieroper
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Not that I'm aware of, do you?
yeah i have to do a group interview
ollinewell
Rep:
Did it say on ucas with your offer or did they email?
ellieroper
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Did it say on ucas with your offer or did they email?
they emailed me, i’ve had nothing through track yet. they emailed me saying i have a place as long as i meet the conditions of the ucas points and ‘undertake satisfactory group interview”
University of Plymouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thank you so much
Congrats on your offer ollienewell!

Plymouth's a great uni and we're consistently rising in the UK and Global rankings .

Accommodation for foundation year works the same as if you were entering in "first year", and generally University managed accommodation is available to those spending their first year in Plymouth - it is likely the case that you will like to get a private flat as you move through your degree anyway. In terms of the fast track it's not too different from "standard" degrees, the information you need to achieve the degree is covered in two years as opposed to three - hope that makes sense?

Some of my friends have done foundation degrees, and generally the extra year just gives you a great introduction to studying at university level and covers some of the key topics and themes which you will build on later in your degree.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Luke - University of Plymouth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (63)
20.06%
The paper was reasonable (116)
36.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (89)
28.34%
It was TERRIBLE (46)
14.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed