I'm underage and I gave an older man my number

Watch this thread
ady7me
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
A man came up to me and we started speaking and then he asked me for my age and I panicked and lied about my age and told him I was 21. He then asked for my phone number and I just panicked again and gave it to him. He keeps calling but I've blocked him, I feel bad, I don't know what to do.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
you are doing the right thing. just forget about him.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If you've blocked him, and that's the only contact he has for you, then that should be sorted. He'll give up after a while.
CletusPotter
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If he manages to contact you despite the block, then just directly tell him you're underage, and do not wish to hear from him again as you will consider any further contact harassment, which is a criminal offence and will pursue a Police action if he does choose to commit that or any other offence. If he continues, then follow through and report it to the Police via 101, or 999 in an emergency e.g. he turns up at your home address, school, University, or workplace in person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (17)
23.29%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (8)
10.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.48%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
13.7%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
21.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
24.66%

Watched Threads