is this a refutable website

Watch this thread
Fiber
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Ignore
Last edited by Fiber; 3 months ago
username5857626
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Neither tbh.
Fiber
Rep:
(Original post by Bronfenbrennerzy)
Neither tbh.
would you say its from a refutable website?
booklover1313
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Fiber)
Do you mean reputable or refutable?
username5857626
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Fiber)
Refutable? :confused:
If you're asking about whether it's credible, I mean, yh. It's funded by the Department of Education.
booklover1313
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Reputable - you can trust it, a good source, well respected
Refutable - you can refute it, so point out flaws in it and not accept the information
username5050312
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by booklover1313)
Refutable - you can refute it, so point out flaws in it and not accept the information
Did OP stutter?
booklover1313
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by cleveranimal56)
Did OP stutter?
True....
But I guess I would describe that source as reputable and not refutable. Although other studies may have different information, in which case it would be a refutable source.
Fiber
Rep:
Do you mean reputable or refutable?
If you're asking about whether it's credible, I mean, yh. It's funded by the Department of Education.
Did OP stutter?
lol sorry guys. i meant reputable. its a typo
booklover1313
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Fiber)
lol sorry guys. i meant reputable. its a typo
haha no worries, so yeah I think it is reputable!
username5050312
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
haha no worries, so yeah I think it is reputable!
OP did stutter
booklover1313
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
OP did stutter
They may have stuttered, but they did so with such confidence that it sounded perfect.
username5050312
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
They may have stuttered, but they did so with such confidence that it sounded perfect.
Mhm :laugh:
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I mean it's not exactly hard to google the DoE logo and slap it on some random PDF...that said after a little bit of googling it doesn't seem untoward so is probably legitimate.

Terrible acronym though. There must have been a better way to do that...
Last edited by artful_lounger; 3 months ago
username5857626
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
I mean it's not exactly hard to google the DoE logo and slap it on some random PDF...that said after a little bit of googling it doesn't seem untoward so is probably legitimate.

Terrible acronym though. There must have been a better way to do that...
Yeah, which is why you should always look up the sources just to make sure. Ah ****, always mistake it for Dept. OF instead of FOR.
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yeah, which is why you should always look up the sources just to make sure. Ah ****, always mistake it for Dept. OF instead of FOR.
oh yeah I did that as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (140)
43.48%
Not yet, but I will soon (56)
17.39%
No (126)
39.13%

Watched Threads