rank your gcse literature texts

Watch this thread
cbrr
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
for me, I think it goes like...
christmas carol > romeo & juliet > blood brothers

I don't like blood brothers, and a christmas carol is just SO interesting for me tbh. does anyone like blood brothers? how good is macbeth because I didn't do it.
apples983
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
macbeth is so so so boring and confusing to keep up with. i would have preferred to do romeo and juliet tbh. and in my school we dont have to do christmas carol anymore which is a bit annoying bc i dont mind it lol. for me it's
an inspector calls > christmas carol > macbeth
cbrr
Rep:
(Original post by apples983)
macbeth is so so so boring and confusing to keep up with. i would have preferred to do romeo and juliet tbh. and in my school we dont have to do christmas carol anymore which is a bit annoying bc i dont mind it lol. for me it's
an inspector calls > christmas carol > macbeth
oh wow, at our school we dropped poetry anthology, lol.
romeo and juliet isn't BAD but the language, many characters, MANY THEMES, and the same titles for each part (eg. act x, scene y) makes it SO confusing.
I REALLY wished we did an inspector calls too, I know this guy who did it at his school and like it sounds SO interesting.
username5050312
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Why is this a thread?
cbrr
Rep:
(Original post by cleveranimal56)
Why is this a thread?
idk i just wanna know what people think?
tedibare
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Why is this a thread?
Some people are into reading books and would like to comment on it what’s wrong with that
username5050312
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by cbrr)
idk i just wanna know what people think?
Ah right, ok then. I like Macbeth, top notch stuff.
cbrr
Rep:
Why is this a thread?
was I mean to put it somewhere else? oop.
tedibare
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I honestly did not like Christmas carol, mainly because we read it so many times and watched the movie a dozen times too. The one I enjoyed the most was Inspector Calls probably because of the twist at the end but overall it was very interesting to read
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
An Inspector calls > A christmas carol > Macbeth.
thrivingfrog
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Inspector Calls > Christmas Carol > Macbeth

Its close between Christmas carol and macbeth though I can't lie
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Frankenstein > Merchant of Venice > An Inspector Calls.

Frankenstein was great, lots of background information to slide in there, Merchant of Venice was certainly interesting - more schools should teach it.
An Inspector Calls is more on the nose than a gram of cocaine in the presence of Eric Clapton. I don't like it and I think it's only taught because it's easy to teach.
kfcloud
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
mine goes inspector calls < macbeth (we didnt do jekyll and hyde). inspector calls is wayyyy easier in terms of essay writing and its about a quarter of the size, but i enjoy macbeth the most hahaha. if i delude myself its almost as if im watching an exciting tv show, and i think lady macbeth is cool
redblue13
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
macbeth > an inspector calls > christmas carol (i only just started not finding it painfully boring)
cbrr
Rep:
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Frankenstein > Merchant of Venice > An Inspector Calls.

Frankenstein was great, lots of background information to slide in there, Merchant of Venice was certainly interesting - more schools should teach it.
An Inspector Calls is more on the nose than a gram of cocaine in the presence of Eric Clapton. I don't like it and I think it's only taught because it's easy to teach.
damn those sound so interesting. wished we did merchant of venice tbh, sounds more interesting than romeo and juliet.
kyliephr
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by cbrr)
for me, I think it goes like...
christmas carol > romeo & juliet > blood brothers

I don't like blood brothers, and a christmas carol is just SO interesting for me tbh. does anyone like blood brothers? how good is macbeth because I didn't
I agree with all of them as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
34.46%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.82%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.17%

Watched Threads