kh2021
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
so i want to do Law in University however i am contemplating doing it now as i have a bad memory. I remember some information! could anyone tell me if it is as important
jayls
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
If you’re asking if remembering things is important in a law degree, then yes, it is.
kh2021
Rep:
(Original post by jayls)
If you’re asking if remembering things is important in a law degree, then yes, it is.
thanks
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 3 months ago
yes very important as you have to memorise a million case names and points of law for a typical three hour exam. some law programmes are easier than others tho as they're not all assessed the same way; you can see how they're assessed on the university's website.
heretohelp13
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by kh2021)
so i want to do Law in University however i am contemplating doing it now as i have a bad memory. I remember some information! could anyone tell me if it is as important
It is important to remember information in any degree. I have a Law Degree and a Masters Degree in Law. Both required remembering lots of things.

A better question is why do you want to do law? Typically, you remember things better if you have an interest in them. A big secret to being good at something is curiosity for and interest in it. There are memory techniques that can help you remember like the memory palace, but you need to get straight in your own mind why you want to do something.
kh2021
Rep:
(Original post by Joleee)
yes very important as you have to memorise a million case names and points of law for a typical three hour exam. some law programmes are easier than others tho as they're not all assessed the same way; you can see how they're assessed on the university's website.
thank you that was extremely helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads