The Student Room Group

Help plz!! Student Finance

So I was wondering is there a limit amount of years you can get maintenance loans or tuition off student finance?
When I was 18 I started uni in Liverpool doing music, loved the city but realised It wasn’t the right time for me. I had studied there for a few months, then the whole covid pandemic started whilst I was back at home, so I didn’t complete the full first year.
Then I had taken a gap year, got a job and reapplied on ucas for the next year (2021) which led me to study in Northern Ireland studying music still. Couple months in I realised this just wasn’t the course for me, built up the courage to transfer onto a different course, same uni and had the grades to switch to criminology and criminal justice. Something I had on my mind for years but always pushed aside.
So now I’m 20 and I’ve put my studies on hold as I was doing music in my first year rn and changed over , and I’m starting afresh in September, 3 year course (which I’m actually excited for) I always loved music but it wasn’t for me at university.
So does anyone know if this means that I’ll have to pay tuition myself as I’ve already studied 2 different courses but left a couple months in??
*there are many reasons why things have not worked out and why I’ve changed my choices from mental health to financial problems without getting into too much detail*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending