Need some opinions on who is in the right or wrong

Watch this thread
thupreme
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
hi, so basically i live in student accomodation but it is all studios however the hallway is a shared space so everything in the hallway can be heard. recently a few people have been slamming their doors really loudly and i found it annoying to the point i wanted to address the matter directly with the person. i knocked a few times and received no answer so i thought it would be effective to leave a note on the door as the person had eventually read as i didn't hear the door slam after.

later, her friend came and knocked on my door all aggressive, mind you the person who was making the noise wasn't even talking it was her friend speaking on her behalf saying the most stupidest of things (understandable for a first-year 18 year old) and calling me defensive and all sorts for saying i heard a sound. i actually recorded the sound and it was them and they clearly lied to my face saying it wasn't which made me laugh internally. her friend said the note was rude however whenever i knocked no one answered so how else was i meant to get my point across?

i tried to knock again today to speak with the girl in the room and not her friend and no one answered. are they being ridiculous or are notes on doors really that offensive? i even put my studio number on the bottom so it wasn't like i wrote it anonymously lol.

any opinions would be appreciated. i feel like reporting that girl to my letting agents but then i'm like why waste energy. also from my understanding, people that live in studios are second years (not so much) third years or masters. i don't think first years should live in studios due to the noise they make and immaturity.
Last edited by thupreme; 3 months ago
booklover1313
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by thupreme)
hi, so basically i live in student accomodation but it is all studios however the hallway is a shared space so everything in the hallway can be heard. recently a few people have been slamming their doors really loudly and i found it annoying to the point i wanted to address the matter directly with the person. i knocked a few times and received no answer so i thought it would be effective to leave a note on the door as the person had eventually read as i didn't hear the door slam after.

later, her friend came and knocked on my door all aggressive, mind you the person who was making the noise wasn't even talking it was her friend speaking on her behalf saying the most stupidest of things (understandable for a first-year 18 year old) and calling me defensive and all sorts for saying i heard a sound. i actually recorded the sound and it was them and they clearly lied to my face saying it wasn't which made me laugh internally. her friend said the note was rude however whenever i knocked no one answered so how else was i meant to get my point across?

i tried to knock again today to speak with the girl in the room and not her friend and no one answered. are they being ridiculous or are notes on doors really that offensive? i even put my studio number on the bottom so it wasn't like i wrote it anonymously lol.

any opinions would be appreciated. i feel like reporting that girl to my letting agents but then i'm like why waste energy. also from my understanding, people that live in studios are second years (not so much) third years or masters. i don't think first years should live in studios due to the noise they make and immaturity.
Idk I think that receiving a note under your door might feel a bit more passive aggressive than if you had spoken to them in person - remember that when you read a note you don't always know the tone in which it was written. So a 'Please don't make so much noise' could be a friendly 'haha pls don't' or it could be 'DO NOT MAKE NOISE' ; ie. how rude the note was is open to interpretation. I would try and talk to her in person and explain your position. Make sure you have talked to her before you take any further action like reporting her to the agent.
thupreme
Rep:
(Original post by booklover1313)
Idk I think that receiving a note under your door might feel a bit more passive aggressive than if you had spoken to them in person - remember that when you read a note you don't always know the tone in which it was written. So a 'Please don't make so much noise' could be a friendly 'haha pls don't' or it could be 'DO NOT MAKE NOISE' ; ie. how rude the note was is open to interpretation. I would try and talk to her in person and explain your position. Make sure you have talked to her before you take any further action like reporting her to the agent.
hey, thank you for your input. I agree but as she never opens her door I had to resort to sticking a note on her door lmao. It's the fact she lied that she never does it when I have heard it multiple times and their voices exactly is what baffles me. if someone was like yeah it was me then I would have been like fine just don't do it again but it's the fact she does it all the time but denied it is what's funny. compulsive liars can never be trusted.
Last edited by thupreme; 3 months ago
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
you are in the right and the other two need to grow up. Why talk in the corridor when they have room to go chat in? The fact that the student did not answer the door when you knocked indicates she may be nervous about meeting you without her loud-mouthed wingman. If she comes round again to remonstrate, advise Ms Gabby that you could make a complaint against her and she could end up being barred from the premises - she is visiting a friend so needs to be respectful of the other flatmates.
thupreme
Rep:
(Original post by mike23mike)
you are in the right and the other two need to grow up. Why talk in the corridor when they have room to go chat in? The fact that the student did not answer the door when you knocked indicates she may be nervous about meeting you without her loud-mouthed wingman. If she comes round again to remonstrate, advise Ms Gabby that you could make a complaint against her and she could end up being barred from the premises - she is visiting a friend so needs to be respectful of the other flatmates.
Thank you! she slammed the door again. These students are actually pathetic and immature. They have the audacity to argue but don’t even know the terms and conditions of the contract they signed. On top of that there’s an ******* in the room next door to me smoking non stop that my room stinks and only my air purifier is saving me from inhaling it. Private landlords don’t do anything about it cause they’re greedy for rental income it seems. It’s a shame because my studio is gorgeous but the pricks occupying the neighbouring ones just ruin things. I feel like I shouldn’t close my door quietly anymore either. I don’t do it to not disturb anyone but since they’re so disrespectful they should be disturbed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed