How do I get grade 7s in GCSE triple science?

Watch this thread
m12lol
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I wanna know how to get better at GCSE triple science. What resources can I use (especially for past papers)? How did you revise for triple?
m12lol
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by m12lol)
I wanna know how to get better at GCSE triple science. What resources can I use (especially for past papers)? How did you revise for triple?
in like 113 days (posted on the 23rd of jan btw)
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
You should be in a long term relationship with freesciencelessons.
R_A07
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
COME TO A levels and ull be asking urself how do i even get a D in biology a level
Lotty Ro
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I don't know what exam board you are, but I used the CGP revision guides to make revision cards for my science gcses. I never actually had to sit them bc covid, but I learned the content pretty well through doing that. also mindmaps - just keep condensing the info you need into smaller and smaller mindmaps and see how much you can do from memory. Also, there are some good revision videos on youtube if you want stuff explaining to you more - I think i used primrose kitten's videos on youtube and she has tonnes of info and explanations and tips.
kfcloud
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
im yr 11 too im aiming for nines what works for me is paying a lot of attention in class and making notes on the topic, then when i get home i use my notes from class and my aqa textbook to make question and answer revision cards. i go through these cards regularly by writing the answers down then checking myself. also i regularly do practice tests, when i mark them i can get extra info and also undertandf the areas i need to revise and understand moer.
username5899619
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Physics and maths tutor have past paper questions for individual topics, it’s amazing for all sciences!
ukii
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
I'm pretty sure he's turned into a robot now
Edit:unfortunately
Last edited by ukii; 3 months ago
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
physics and maths tutor
Past papers from your exam board
The CGP book has everything you need to know
Practice questions from the textbook
m12lol
Rep:
(Original post by Lotty Ro)
I don't know what exam board you are, but I used the CGP revision guides to make revision cards for my science gcses. I never actually had to sit them bc covid, but I learned the content pretty well through doing that. also mindmaps - just keep condensing the info you need into smaller and smaller mindmaps and see how much you can do from memory. Also, there are some good revision videos on youtube if you want stuff explaining to you more - I think i used primrose kitten's videos on youtube and she has tonnes of info and explanations and tips.
edexcel for science
m12lol
Rep:
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
yes, i am
m12lol
Rep:
(Original post by kfcloud)
im yr 11 too im aiming for nines what works for me is paying a lot of attention in class and making notes on the topic, then when i get home i use my notes from class and my aqa textbook to make question and answer revision cards. i go through these cards regularly by writing the answers down then checking myself. also i regularly do practice tests, when i mark them i can get extra info and also undertandf the areas i need to revise and understand moer.
good luck to you too
m12lol
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
physics and maths tutor
Past papers from your exam board
The CGP book has everything you need to know
Practice questions from the textbook
thank you
m12lol
Rep:
thank you
ukii
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
SaveMyExams notes are gold

Currently making flashcards on them for physics.

Highly recommended
m12lol
Rep:
(Original post by ukii)
SaveMyExams notes are gold

Currently making flashcards on them for physics.

Highly recommended
thank you
madzzzina
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
For biology and chemistry, make sure you know the key facts, the questions are quite easy. Make flashcards; questions on one side and the answers on the other side. Get a friend to test you.
Physics is slightly more different, you have to apply the knowledge to situations, much harder than what you actually need to do for biology and chemistry (or maybe I just struggle with physics a lot). My exam board is Edexcel, and the actual Pearson textbooks are NOT it, especially the physics one.

I suggest you watch, like others have recommended, freesciencelessons, but Cognito on YT is also quite good. If you have access to MyGCSEScience, you should use that to make notes.
For core practicals, you can watch Malmesbury Education (on YT), they explain them very well.

Past papers you can find on any website to be honest, but I'll list some for you:
SaveMyExams
Physics And Maths Tutor
MathsMadeEasy (they have revision notes + cards + exam questions on a lot of subjects)
Revision Science
Study Mind

Good luck with your revision!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads